Associate/Director/Senior Director, Clinical Pharmacology
Your work will change lives. Including your own.
Rather than make a prediction on one or two products or indications, what if you could build a biological map that supports dozens or hundreds of indications?
Every week at Recursion, we run 1.8 million+ experiments creating a library of more than one billion cellular images on the basis of that radically different approach to biotech. This is a revolutionary approach that we believe will reinvent drug discovery and development.
Recursion is the clinical-stage biotechnology company industrializing drug discovery by decoding biology. Recursion leverages sophisticated machine-learning algorithms to infer biological relationships. By commanding massive experimental scale and massive computational scale — owning and operating one of the most powerful supercomputers in the world, Recursion is uniting technology, biology and chemistry to advance the future of medicine.
The Impact You’ll Make
You will join an innovative and passionate clinical development team dedicated to improving the lives of patients suffering from devastating diseases. You will lead the innovative clinical pharmacology and pharmacometrics strategy and execution for a portfolio of rare disease and oncology clinical programs.
- Develop the clinical pharmacology and pharmacometric strategies to accelerate and support the overall product development plan. You’ll be the Clinical Pharmacology lead for various programs in clinical development, the representative for regulatory interactions, and propose innovative strategies to get therapies to patients faster.
- Design clinical studies. You’ll provide (clinical) pharmacology input on all clinical study designs, from Phase 1-3 and dedicated Phase 1 clinical pharmacology studies.
- Interface with cross-functional teams. You’ll work closely with clinical study teams, translational teams (DMPK, Translational Modeling and Toxicology), preclinical teams and due diligence teams to ensure clinical pharmacology-related considerations are addressed.
- Solve drug development questions/problems by overseeing and/or performing modeling and simulation with various tools to expedite decision making.
Making Salt Lake City your home base is ideal, however, we will consider remote work for this position. We ask that remote employees commit to regular on-site visits for routine work and departmental events.
The Team You’ll Join
You will join the Development Sciences team within Recursion comprising clinical pharmacology, translational modeling and toxicology. The Development Sciences group sits within Recursion’s Clinical Development organization. Team members get to sit on both Discovery and Development projects and work in a seamless end-to-end environment at Recursion. The team collaborates closely with clinical development functions (clinical science, clinical operations, regulatory affairs, biostatistics, etc.), as well as discovery functions (DMPK, Biology, Chemistry and Translational Biomarkers).
The Experience You’ll Need
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacokinetics or related discipline, M.D with a Clinical Pharmacology expertise, or a Pharm D. with a Clinical Pharmacology fellowship, with 5-9+ years of experience in biotech/pharmaceutical drug development.
- Demonstrated success leading all clinical pharmacology related aspects of drug development.
- Ability to work closely with internal and external stakeholders to manage PK, PK-PD, and PK-safety analyses, including non-compartmental analysis, population PK modeling, and PK-PD modeling and simulations to support dose selection, exposure-response and exposure-safety analyses through various phases of drug development.
- Proficiency with WinNonlin, Monolix, NONMEM, R or other modeling software.
- Effective skills directed toward driving collaboration, achieving results, influencing, and resolving conflicts across internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience responding to regulatory agency questions, preparing clinical pharmacology aspects of regulatory submissions and attending regulatory meetings.
- Highly motivated, decisive, and results-oriented individual who is proactive, resourceful, and efficient with the flexibility and creativity to excel in and contribute to a rapidly growing drug discovery and development company
- Experience in oncology is preferred, but not an absolute requirement.
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Learn more at www.recursion.com, or connect on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.
Something looks off?