At Qualia, we've built the leading B2B real estate technology that transforms the home buying and selling experience into a simple, secure, and enjoyable process. Our SMB and Enterprise products bring together users from across the real estate ecosystem---homebuyers and sellers, lenders, title and escrow agents, and real estate agents---onto a single shared digital closing platform, providing greater clarity and transparency to real estate transactions. Today, through our business customers across the country, millions of consumers use Qualia to close on homes every year.
WHAT YOU'LL WORK ON
We are seeking a highly skilled and entrepreneurial Data Scientist to join our dynamic Engineering Team, who will partner closely with RevOps and Finance on Go-To-Market execution and internal strategy. As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for extracting insights from Qualia’s rich datasets that drive the delivery of actionable recommendations to the business. In close partnership with our PM of Growth and our Finance team, your work will enable Qualia to deliver information and recommendations to our customers through our GTM teams, which will enable them to improve their own business operations through principled, data-informed decision processes. Ideal candidates possess strong understanding of software engineering, fluency in Python/pandas, and passion for delivering concise, high-impact analysis with conclusions that jump off the page. This is Qualia’s first Data Science role, and you will help to define our data functions while capitalizing on the significant greenfields opportunities.
- Develop a deep understanding of Qualia’s data generating processes, data lifecycles, business strategy, and customers
- In partnership with Qualia’s Product, Finance, and GTM leadership, prioritize how we will use our data resources to deliver superior GTM results, to power our business operations, and to achieve strategic objectives
- Integrate data operations into our Engineering Team process without creating significant dependencies or operational burden
- Formalize Qualia’s data ecosystem by deploying robust, maintainable, documented pipelines that reduce friction for data users across the organization
- Collaborate closely with Product, Revenue Operations and Finance, key producers and consumers of our data
- Implement machine learning models that target business problems and which can be deployed and maintained with a low operational footprint
YOUR BACKGROUND THAT LIKELY MAKES YOU A MATCH
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field
- 3+ years experience as a Data Scientist, or comparable background
- Deep fluency in Python/pandas for data manipulation, modeling, and visualization
- Strong SQL skills to query and manipulate data from data warehouses (BigQuery)
- Time and effort are scarce, so we value sound business strategy, introspection, and application of common sense to guide how we spend those resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- California and Colorado Applicants: This role has a base annual salary of $130,000-$150,000 plus a competitive equity and benefits package. (Salary to be determined by relevant experience, location, knowledge, and skills of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
Qualia is made up of incredibly bright, mission-driven coworkers who are passionate about using technology to solve real world problems---and we're growing quickly. In order to continue building an engaging and dynamic organization, we're committed to giving everyone the support they need to do great work.
Our benefits package is designed to allow our team members to be their best selves, both in and out of the workplace. In addition to comprehensive health plans, a 401k program, and commuter benefits, we prioritize family and personal well-being through professional development, parental leave, and a flexible time off policy. Qualia offers a robust online onboarding program to train new hires, biweekly all hands meetings, and a variety of internal virtual events to keep employees connected.
We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology, and our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel equally valued and respected. Qualia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, or veteran status.