Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
We are a fast-growing Bay Area-based startup backed by leading investors like Menlo Ventures, Accel and Y-Combinator.
Our core product offering helps automate lending operations for financial services firms across the lending value chain. The Prodigal team has deep technical talent today and we believe there is an opportunity to build an iconic vertical software business that will fundamentally impact how the multi-trillion-dollar debt industry is managed. Debt has such a massive impact on consumers and prior to Prodigal, the industry was saddled with painful, low value manual workflows, and poor customer experience. Our mission is to humanize the debt repayment process through automation and data.
Product Managers (PM) at Prodigal create the vision for the future of US Lending industry. Deeply understanding the pain points and nuances of the stakeholders in this industry, product managers strive to build futuristic products that address the most critical cross-industry problems.
What will you be doing?
- Ideate, execute, iterate, ideate. This mantra is the very core of the Product ethos at Prodigal. With one foot with Customer Success & Growth teams and the other with the Engineering teams, Prodigal offers its PMs the opportunity to resonate with customer problems first-hand while scoping the problems into the brackets of available technological expertise & resources at hand and to turn them into visionary product ideas.
- If you move fast, Prodigal moves fast. Shepherding the team to meet aggressive deadlines while moderating the customer expectations is a consistent conundrum in a PM's life. A Product Manager with us will always have multiple balls in the air at the same time; prioritising and expectation-setting becomes critical. Our team currently sets the bar high and dropping any of these balls is as unforgivable as a baseball strike!
- With Prodigal, as a PM, you are the Product Owner. Building the product is just half the battle won. Given that we function in a low-tech industry, the onus of selling the futuristic products and getting the customers to adopt it is on the Product Manager. Stepping into the shoes of our customers to empathise with their problems and working hand in hand with their growth teams, are some of the most frequent levers you would need to pull, to excel as a PM at Prodigal.
Set the Pace. 🏃
What you should already have?
- Passionate about Prodigal and the problem we are solving.
- At least 5 years of experience in Product Management, with around 10 years of total work experience
- Ability to organise in chaos is of paramount importance
- Prior experience in FinTech or SaaS would be an added advantage
- Clear and effective written and verbal communicator. This is non-negotiable for a PM. (Need to get multiple stakeholders to buy-in to your ideas)
Some behavioural skills we prefer in a PM
- Effective listener
- Ability to think big and small
- Ability to build consensus while driving hard decisions
- Can motivate the team to dream big
- Health Insurance coverage for employees and their families
- Sponsorship and support for any training materials, books, courses, exam fees for upskilling yourself in areas related to your role
- Generous leave policy
From day 1, Prodigal has been defined by talented, humble, and hungry leaders and we want this mindset and culture to continue to blossom from top to bottom in the company. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to work in a fast-paced, intellectually-stimulating environment where you will be pushed to grow, then please reach out because we are looking to build a transformational company that reinvents one of the biggest industries in the US.
See more open positions at Prodigal
Something looks off?