Senior Frontend Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Monday, April 3, 2023
We are a fast-growing Bay Area-based startup backed by leading investors like Menlo Ventures, Accel and Y-Combinator. In the past year, we grew revenue nearly 10x and recently raised a Series A from a top-tier Silicon Valley venture fund. We are looking to continue to grow aggressively and are hiring stellar Frontend Engineers to drive our next phase of growth. Our core product offering helps automate lending operations for financial services firms across the lending value chain. The Prodigal team has deep technical talent today and we believe there is an opportunity to build an iconic vertical software business that will fundamentally impact how the multi-trillion-dollar debt industry is managed. Debt has such a massive impact on consumers and prior to Prodigal, the industry was saddled with painful, low-value manual workflows, and poor customer experience- our mission is to humanize the debt repayment process through automation and data.We're building an AI SaaS product for the Financial Services ecosystem. The challenge would be extending a complex data-heavy product on the back-end into a simple, elegant, and user-friendly interface on the front-end.
🏆 What you will be doing
- Engineer the heck out of this. Take an active role in developing a seamless user experience with interfaces that are intuitive and also articulate a long term technical vision for scaling and maintaining the codebase.
- Break it down. Break down complex UI elements into reusable components that can be used across Prodigal's suite of products and given a set of requirements, functionally decompose complex problems into straight-forward and easy to use solutions.
- Scalability. Building easy to maintain reusable code and libraries for future use and optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Translate and Integrate. Participate in ideating how to solve front-end challenges and translate new features with help of UI/UX designs and integrate with back-end.
- New update available. Stay informed on new, relevant technologies and test the promising ones to make sure we don't miss out on game-changing opportunities to boost our productivity and the enjoyment of our work
📈Where would you see yourself in a year
- Lead. Manage and mentor a team of budding frontend engineers.
- Metamorphosis. We will provide you enough opportunities to grow into becoming a fullstack engineer
🔍 What we look for
- Passion for the topic. You have a proven passion for writing software. The ideal candidate has 3+ years experience of modern tools like React, Typescript, Webpack. You would also have a year’s experience as a senior frontend engineer. It's a big plus if you have a demonstrable interest in developing tools, complex frontends, or infrastructures.
- Reasoning and depth of learning. You're structured and creative enough to solve most challenging problems independently, given the necessary knowledge. You learn new concepts and skills rapidly, and love to nerd out.
- Drive. You're energetic, hard-working, and persevere through adversity until the job is done - and done impeccably. Don't let perfect be the enemy of good, and at the same time don't let good enough stop you in the pursuit of excellence.
- Pragmatism. Far from being too academic or obsessive in your perfectionism, you understand that, when getting things done in a competitive world, speed is often as important as quality.
- Diligence, organization. You can be entrusted with responsibilities big and small.
🎁 What we offer
- Cool tech stack. We strive to use the best, most modern tools and technologies, and when they fall short of our expectations we invent our own.
- Health insurance. Health always comes first. The health of your family is as important to us, as it is to you. We offer insurance coverage for both you and your family.
- Talented, knowledgeable colleagues. You’ll get the chance to learn from (and teach) some of the brightest and most skilled people you’ll ever meet. Your talent is going to blossom here.
- Continuous education. As relentless seekers of knowledge, we sponsor and support any training materials, books, courses, exam fees for upskilling yourself in areas related to your role - but that's not where it ends. If you make a good case for some extra learning, we're delighted to foot the tab.
- Flexible schedule. We're not a "clock in, clock out" company. Morning person? Start work while the world’s still sleeping. Night owl? Ramp things up while others are winding down. You’re fully trusted to create the right conditions for your own personal peak productivity. We only ask that you’re available to your teammates for a good chunk of the day.
- Generous leave policy. Take all the time you need to recharge your batteries - no permission process or vacation allowance here. Because a rested, relaxed, and refreshed mind is a happy and effective mind.
Find out more about us
- About Prodigal
- What Shapes our ThinkingThe next phase of FinTech Innovation
- Debt-collection software maker Prodigal raises $12M led by Menlo Ventures
- From day 1, Prodigal has been defined by talented, humble, and hungry leaders and we want this mindset and culture to continue to blossom from top to bottom in the company. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to work in a fast-paced, intellectually-stimulating environment where you will be pushed to grow, then please reach out because we are looking to build a transformational company that reinvents one of the biggest industries in the US.
See more open positions at Prodigal
Something looks off?