Senior Software Engineer II, Data Engineering
Senior Software Engineer
The Big Data team is a central player in the Poshmark organization. Our mission is to build a world-class big data platform to bring value out of data for us and for our customers. Our goal is to democratize data, support exploding business, provide reporting and analytics self-service tools, and fuel existing and new business critical initiatives.
This position will be responsible for designing, developing & maintaining growth data pipeline and integrating with advertising platforms like Facebook, Google etc to drive insights for business growth. The role requires to partner with Data Scientists, Analysts, Marketing and Growth campaign managers. In addition, this role involves making an impact by driving continuous improvements in moving, aggregating, profiling, sampling, testing and analyzing terabytes of data.
- Build highly scalable, available, fault-tolerant data processing systems using AWS technologies - Hive, Kafka, Spark, and other big data technologies. These systems should handle batch and real-time data processing over 10s of terabytes of data ingested every day and petabytes of data warehouse.
- Build domain expertise and ownership -- become technically knowledgeable in the area of Attribution, Marketing, Integrating with Ad platforms.
- Participate in architecture discussions, influence product roadmap, and take ownership and responsibility over new projects
- Maintain and support existing platforms and evolve to newer technology stacks and architectures
- Get familiar with the poshmark ecosystem i.e data Infrastructure and data tools - Redshift, Spark, Druid etc.
- Help optimize current tools and ETL used for various business needs
- Identify gaps in current infrastructure and propose solutions
- Regularly provide meaningful design feedback and code review to peers
12+ Month Accomplishments
- Design technical solutions for large complexity problems with minimal supervision
- You've rolled out a high impact project to production
- Collaborate with the engineering team to improve data collection and data quality.
- Collaborate with machine learning engineers, data scientists and analytics on different projects.
- 4+ years of experience in building highly scalable solutions in data storage, real-time analysis and reporting for multi-terabyte data sets
- Expertise architecting and building large-scale data processing systems using Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Hbase, Spark, Storm, Kafka, Druid, Flink etc.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases Amazon Redshift/Spectrum, AWS S3
- Solid software development skills in Java/Scala/Ruby/Python
- Solid understanding of Jenkins / Github
- Integration experience with advertising and attribution partners like FB, Google, AppsFlyer, Snapchat etc.
- Be self-driven, take complete ownership of initiatives and make pragmatic technical decisions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of developers, QA and operations to execute deliverables
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of e-commerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 80 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, Australia, and India, is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever. We will set you up with comprehensive global and in-country benefits to support you and your family needs.
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.