Senior Business Systems Analyst
Poshmark is the largest community marketplace for fashion where anyone can buy, sell, and share their personal style. With millions of shoppers and seller stylists, Poshmark brings together a vibrant community every day to express themselves and share their love of fashion.
As a Sr. Business Systems Analyst you will be part of the core team that is responsible for designing, building and maintaining the Internal Applications coupled with Data Platform and related technologies supporting the finance and accounting function. You will work with Business and Business Systems partners, vendors, use keen business process understanding, appreciation for simplicity and quality, out of the box thinking, and a bit of elbow grease to build holistic solutions that meet business and technology objectives while furthering Poshmark’s long-range goals.
Why You'll Love This Role:
What you’ll do:
- Business Requirements Analysis.
- Partners with business stakeholders to analyze, define and document business requirements across functional areas.
- Has a strong focus on gathering core requirements, beyond stated requirements and correctly places them within a broader context.
- Engage stakeholders across business teams, IT and engineering delivery teams.
- Evaluate new business requests, assess value, and prioritize.
Process Modeling and Design
- Partners with team members and vendors to model business processes.
- Is respected by businesses for driving innovative process improvements.
- Manages stakeholder expectations and communications within and beyond functional track.
- Knows business environments well enough to identify and proactively include the correct stakeholders.
- Working as part of a global Business Systems organization, BSA must have substantial communication, relationship building and influential skills that will allow them to gain confidence, understanding and support from their counterparts in order to be perceived as part of the global but extended Business Systems team.
- Responsible for design and document cross-functional and global solutions, drawing on functional expertise of functional and technical team members or vendors, as appropriate.
- Create detailed functional design documents (mainly Configuration and Functional Design Documents) for setup, conversions, interfaces, and reports.
- Reviews functional designs and obtains sign-offs with the cross functional business, Business Systems, Data and Engineering teams.
- Provides inputs into business processes based on design capabilities.
- Champions sustainable, forward-looking functional designs.
- Works closely with General Ledger, Procure to Pay, Revenue, Accounting and Engineering teams. Acts a bridge between technical and Business teams.
- Documents and reviews broader team documentation.
- Supports team in identifying and defining relevant documentation templates pertaining to solution delivery.
- Be a champion for knowledge transfer to enable/empower other team members.
Testing & Test Design
- Prepare and execute testing plans to ensure high quality results.
- Coordinate’s integration testing validates test cases with stakeholders for user acceptance testing and training and obtains sign offs.
- Coordinates defects clarification, triage, and coordinate resolution with engineering teams.
- Designs forward looking configurations by recognizing future needs aligned with the business roadmap.
- Skillful with both Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall methodologies.
- Designs release scope and schedule in line with business goal, prioritization and IT capacity.
- Works closely with the PMO to collaborate on bigger initiatives.
- Configures applications in line with business goals.
- Designs forward looking configurations by recognizing future needs aligned with the business roadmap
- Develops configuration standards.
Support and Sustaining Operations
- Monitor implemented systems and processes to ensure high performance.
- Manage support requests to ensure timely and thorough resolution of issues.
- Leads troubleshooting efforts on critical issues with cross functional teams through resolution.
- Identifies improvements to address repeat issues
Training and change management
- Works with functional leadership teams to set expectations and conduct planning and execution of SME training activities.
- Defines, communicates, and implements support and engagement plans.
- Analyzes adoption rates and issues and assesses business case realization and proposes solutions to improve.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience with a proven track record of delivering on large cross-functional Process and Systems initiatives.
- 3+ Years of experience in Tier 1 or Tier 2 ERP’s in the Finance space (E.g. Netsuite, Oracle etc.)
- 3+ Years of experience in writing and reading complex SQL queries and building dashboards in visualization tools such as Looker or Tableau.
- Strong knowledge and experience of SDLC cycle in SOX controlled environment.
- Basic knowledge of API based integration architecture preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills; including process documentation
- Good analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, task and project management, and organizational skills
- Good analysis, project management, and reporting capabilities
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of other business systems analysts and cross functional peers to support deadlines
- Bachelor's in Information Systems, Accounting, Business or Engineering Management. Masters’ degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks.
- Experience in scripting in Java, Python is a huge plus.
- Advanced Microsoft office skills.
- Develop deep Relationships with internal Stakeholders in Accounting and Engineering teams.
- Create a plan and a roadmap for finance systems initiatives in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Implement automation around 2-3 processes thus creating an impact from a reporting standpoint.
12+ Month Accomplishments
- Implement Revenue SubLedger engine and build a framework catered towards organic growth of the company.
- Become a go to partner for the Accounting and Revenue team.
- Build a playbook for finance systems initiatives from a geographical expansion perspective.
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of e-commerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 80 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, Australia, and India, is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever. We will set you up with comprehensive global and in-country benefits to support you and your family needs.
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.