Congress and Meeting Operations Planner Contractor
Pliant Therapeutics is a late-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar to meet the unmet medical needs of physicians, patients and families impacted by fibrotic diseases. As the leader in the discovery and development of novel therapeutics for the treatment of fibrotic diseases, Pliant is developing small molecule drug candidates specifically designed to impact the fibrotic process.
The Company’s lead product candidate, bexotegrast (PLN-74809), is an oral small molecule, selective inhibitor of the αvβ1 and αvβ6 integrins that play a key role in multiple fibrotic pathways. Bexotegrast has received Fast Track Designation and Orphan Drug Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for both idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) and Orphan Drug Designation from the European Medicines Agency in IPF and PSC. Pliant is currently conducting BEACON-IPF, a Phase 2b trial of bexotegrast for the treatment of IPF and INTEGRIS-PSC, a Phase 2a trial of bexotegrast for the treatment of PSC.
Pliant has also developed PLN-1474, a small molecule, selective inhibitor of αvß1 for the treatment of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, or NASH with liver fibrosis. Pliant is conducting a Phase 1 study for its third clinical program, PLN-101095, a small molecule, dual-selective inhibitor of αvß8 and αvß1 integrins, that is being developed for the treatment of solid tumors. The Company also has discovery and development programs in oncology and muscular dystrophies.
The Congress and Meeting Operations Planner role is a great opportunity to help support internal and external facing events and activities. This role will be responsible for planning the logistics for internal meetings and scientific and medical conferences from inception to conclusion, adhering to timelines and budgets, and developing ideas and strategies to drive event goals. The role will collaborate closely with multiple functions across the company. The ideal candidate needs to work effectively with minimal supervision, with attention to detail, and comfortable in a fast-paced dead-line driven environment.
This is an individual contractor role working with the Commercial Strategy & Operations team to assist with the main congress season running from March through September.
- Provides meeting management and administrative support for internal events such as advisory boards and meetings, and external scientific, medical, and patient conferences
- Assists with identifying and evaluating possible venues, reviewing contracts, and tracking contract deliverables
- Procurement of audiovisual equipment, food and beverage with contracted event venue
- Manages travel programs with travel agency and assists with travel arrangements for meeting attendees
- Manages all shipping of items to and from meetings and maintains inventory of onsite support materials
- Assists with meeting invitation and registration, housing processing, meeting set-up onsite meeting support, and final bill reconciliation
- Work closely with Pliant’s administrative team to create a seamless congress and meetings experience for both internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively update and respond to inquiries from staff, vendors, and other contacts about the status of planning
- Travels onsite to assist with meeting registration, housing issues, logistics, and other support as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, abilities and prior experience required.
- REQUIRED: 4-6 years relevant project management/operations/meeting planning experience with at least 3 years in the Pharmaceutical business
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience supporting internal company events such as advisory boards, speaker programs, etc.: venue selection, budgetary processes including vendor payments, contracting, participant logistics and coordination, management of shipment of items to and from meetings
- Experience supporting scientific and medical congresses: management of AV partner and conference venue contacts, management of shipment of items to and from meetings, provides administrative support for pre-conference planning through onsite logistics
- Ability to work across multiple projects in different time zones
- Able to support events pre- and post-standard business hours, including nights and weekends
- Ability to travel by airplane, boat, rail and/or car with expected 1-3 domestic and international trips
- Entrepreneurial- ability and desire to take ownership of activities and projects, proactively ask thought-provoking questions and consistently demonstrate out of the box thinking
- Intellectual curiosity – high energy, and strong work ethic
- Communication- ability to communicate ideas and information both verbally and written, in an organized manner to internal and external audiences
- Teamwork - ability to work effectively in and foster a team environment
- Project management- ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing and changing priorities. Must have strong task management skills to include planning, prioritization, objective setting, and meeting management and plan execution
- Small biopharma or startup experience is a plus
Pliant requires all onsite contractors to be fully vaccinated prior to the first date of employment (subject to any legally required exemptions).
The rate for this contractor role is $83.00 - $93.00 per hour. Individual pay may vary based on additional factors, including, and without limitation job-related skills, experience, work location and relevant education or training.
To understand how Pliant complies with and manages your personal information with respect to the California Consumer Privacy Act, please visit https://pliantrx.com/ccpa-applicant-and-staff-privacy-notice/.