Associate Director, Enterprise Applications
Pliant Therapeutics is a late-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar to meet the unmet medical needs of physicians, patients and families impacted by fibrotic diseases. As the leader in the discovery and development of novel therapeutics for the treatment of fibrotic diseases, Pliant is developing small molecule drug candidates specifically designed to impact the fibrotic process.
The Company’s lead product candidate, bexotegrast (PLN-74809), is an oral small molecule, selective inhibitor of the αvβ1 and αvβ6 integrins that play a key role in multiple fibrotic pathways. Bexotegrast has received Fast Track Designation and Orphan Drug Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for both idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) and Orphan Drug Designation from the European Medicines Agency in IPF and PSC. Pliant is currently conducting BEACON-IPF, a Phase 2b trial of bexotegrast for the treatment of IPF and INTEGRIS-PSC, a Phase 2a trial of bexotegrast for the treatment of PSC.
Pliant has also developed PLN-1474, a small molecule, selective inhibitor of αvß1 for the treatment of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, or NASH with liver fibrosis. Pliant is conducting a Phase 1 study for its third clinical program, PLN-101095, a small molecule, dual-selective inhibitor of αvß8 and αvß1 integrins, that is being developed for the treatment of solid tumors. The Company also has discovery and development programs in oncology and muscular dystrophies.
The Associate Director, Enterprise Applications will play a pivotal role in driving strategy for our finance and business applications. Collaborating with stakeholders across General & Administrative (G&A), Finance, Human Resources, IT, and business teams, the successful candidate will ensure the alignment of technology initiatives with business objectives, focusing on efficiency, compliance, and innovation.
- Collaborate on the design and lead the implementation of proposed solutions across a group of specific business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities and business requirements.
- Develop and maintain a strategic a roadmap for the evolution of the financial and business applications portfolio from current to future state in alignment with organizational goals and industry best practices (as defined in partnership with IT/Business leadership).
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work.
- Manage and implement all required changes for applications following change control best practices.
- Develop and communicate training and support for end users of enterprise applications in partnership with the IT operations and support administrators.
- Collaborate with Finance and Developers in the selection, design, implementation, and enhancement of finance and business applications, including ERP systems, budgeting tools, and analytics platforms.
- Coordinate with IT and external vendors to ensure seamless integration and adherence to compliance standards.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the different G&A Groups, Finance, Human Resources, IT, and other business units, ensuring clear communication and understanding of priorities and needs.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with vendors, ensuring that products and services meet quality and performance expectations.
- Develop and align policies, standards, and procedures related to finance and business applications.
- Ensure alignment with industry-specific regulations and maintain SOX compliance.
- Prepare, analyze SOX application reports, and provide evidence for vendor inspections and auditors.
- Provide regular reports and insights on application performance, usage, and benefits realization.
- Analyze and recommend improvements to existing systems and processes to drive efficiency and effectiveness.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, abilities and prior experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, IT, or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in managing finance and other business applications, preferably in a biotech/pharmaceutical environment.
- Proven ability to manage complex projects and lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong understanding of NetSuite is required.
- Strong understanding of financial processes, ERP systems, and business application architecture.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant SOX compliance and regulatory standards.
- Exceptional communication and relationship-building skills.
- Project Management (e.g., PMP) or relevant technology certifications is a plus.
- Data Management and analysis experience is a plus.
- AWS, Redshift, Databricks experience is a plus.
- Knowledge or experience with Contract Lifecycle Management applications is a plus.
Pliant requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated prior to the first date of employment (subject to any legally required exemptions).
The annual base salary for this role is $190,000 - $210,000. Individual pay may vary based on additional factors, including, and without limitation job-related skills, experience, work location and relevant education or training. Pliant’s compensation package also includes benefits, equity, and annual target bonus for fulltime positions.
To understand how Pliant complies with and manages your personal information with respect to the California Consumer Privacy Act, please visit https://pliantrx.com/ccpa-applicant-and-staff-privacy-notice/.