Translational Sciences Biomarker Specialist
Pliant Therapeutics is a public, clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar to meet the unmet medical needs of physicians, patients and families impacted by fibrotic disease. The Company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules.
The Company’s lead product candidate, PLN-74809, is an oral, small molecule selective inhibitor of the αvβ1 and αvβ6 integrins that play a key role in multiple fibrotic pathways. PLN-74809 has received Orphan Drug Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in both idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) and are currently in Phase 2a clinical trials for these indications. The company recently reported positive data from its Phase 2a trial in IPF and is currently ramping up activities in preparation for a late-stage clinical trial at worldwide sites.
Pliant has also developed PLN-1474, a small molecule, selective inhibitor of αvß1 for the treatment of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, or NASH with liver fibrosis. Pliant is initiating a Phase 1 study for its third clinical program, PLN-101095, a small molecule, dual-selective inhibitor of αvß8 and αvß1 integrins, that is being developed for the treatment of solid tumors. The Company also has discovery and development programs in oncology and muscular dystrophies.
The Company is seeking passionate, creative, and dedicated individuals to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Immediate opening is available for a Translational Sciences Biomarker Specialist. This individual will join a dynamic and growing multidisciplinary team focused on advancement of new drug candidates in fibrosis, oncology, and muscular dystrophy.
The successful candidate will work closely with the translational sciences and clinical operations teams to ensure the successful integration of novel biomarker assays into clinical trials in pulmonary fibrosis, biliary fibrosis, oncology, and muscular dystrophy. A strong scientific background and previous experience managing external vendors is preferred.
- Work directly with translational sciences subject matter experts on the discovery, validation, and application of novel biomarker strategies in clinical trials.
- Manage external vendor selection, contract negotiation and day-to-day progress of external vendor-driven translational sciences team projects.
- Serve as translational sciences subject matter expert in clinical team meetings to communicate team strategies and updates.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Clinical Operations team to ensure successful application of biomarker/pharmacodynamic assays in clinical trials (e.g. provide assistance with clinical document writing, sample logistics, data transfers, data interpretation, etc.).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, abilities and prior experience required.
- BA/BS or M.S degree in Biological Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a clinical development/translational research environment (biotech/pharma/CRO).
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills to simultaneously deliver on multiple time-sensitive objectives.
- Prior experience managing external vendor contracts/projects and coordinating shipment of temperature-controlled biological samples.
- Broad practical experience with or knowledge of common cell biology and biochemistry laboratory procedures (e.g. flow cytometry, ELISA, qPCR, IHC etc.).
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills to maintain the accuracy of various sample inventories/databases are essential.
- Ability to thrive in a culture of respect, accountability, transparency, and collaboration.
- South San Francisco, California
Pliant requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated prior to the first date of employment (subject to any legally required exemptions).
The annual base salary for this role is $105,000 - $110,000. Individual pay may vary based on additional factors, including, and without limitation job-related skills, experience, work location and relevant education or training. Pliant’s compensation package also includes benefits, equity, and annual target bonus for fulltime positions.
To understand how Pliant complies with and manages your personal information with respect to the California Consumer Privacy Act, please visit https://pliantrx.com/ccpa-applicant-and-staff-privacy-notice/.