Technical Support Engineer
Pinecone is pioneering search and database technology that's revolutionizing how developers build search systems. Our managed vector database provides customers with easy-to-use capabilities that until now have only been in the hands of a few tech giants. The demand for vector databases is growing incredibly fast, and it shows in our user base. We have a large audience of ML engineers, software engineers, data scientists, and technical architects who are eager to learn and build with our product.
Pinecone is seeking a Technical Success Engineer to join our team. This role will involve providing world-class customer service and technical support for our vector database platform. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and customer service skills, empathy, and ethical decision-making. They should also have a strong technical background, including experience working with two or more programming languages, familiarity with ML and AI, and experience working with two or more cloud providers.
- Provide technical support to customers, including troubleshooting complex technical issues
- Manage and resolve customer inquiries in a timely and effective manner
- Identify areas of improvement for the customer experience and technical support processes
- Document customer interactions and feedback by creating knowledge base articles and providing recommendations for improving the online documentation.
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer, system administrator, or similar
- 1+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical support role
- Proficiency in two or more popular programming languages
- Working knowledge of ML and AI
- Experience with cloud providers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, team environment
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in computer science or a related field
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Opportunity to work with a world-class team of experts in ML/AI and cloud computing.
- Chance to work on cutting-edge technology and help shape the future of AI and ML.
- Flexible work schedule, including the option to work remotely.
Pinecone is a distributed team with clusters in New York, Tel Aviv, and San Francisco. You will be part of a world-class team from companies like Amazon, Google, Databricks, and Splunk. The company emerged from stealth in January 2021 with $10M in seed funding — led by the same legendary investor as Snowflake — followed by $28M Series A funding in announced in March 2022 and $100M Series B funding in April 2023.