Intern: Science NYC
Pinecone is pioneering search and database technology to power AI/ML applications for the next decade and beyond. We provide customers with capabilities that until now have only been in the hands of a few tech giants.
If you’re excited about hard problems in the area of AI, machine learning and search technologies, we would love to meet you! We are looking for excellent people who move nimbly between research and production and dare to make an impact.
As a Research Intern at Pineconce, you will be working on cutting edge research at the intersection of information retrieval, deep learning and representation learning. You will be part of the Science team, which is in charge of evolving and revolutionizing how the world does Search. Dependent on performance, there is the opportunity for full-time employment.
- Ph.D. student in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or any other similarly technical field
- Demonstrated research experience with a proven track record of publications at conferences or journals
- Strong software development skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Knowledge / experience in information retrieval models and metrics, including embeddings and ranking approaches
- Knowledge / experience in Approximate Nearest Neighbor algorithms
- At least one deep learning framework, such as Tensorflow or PyTorch
- Experience with cloud computing infrastructure
- Application review: August-October
- Online assessment period: September-October
- Interview and final decision: October-December