Software Development Engineer in Test - II
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Observe.AI is the fastest way to boost contact center performance with live conversation intelligence. Built on the most accurate AI engine in the industry, Observe.AI uncovers insights from 100% of customer interactions and maximizes frontline team performance through coaching and end-to-end workflow automation. With Observe.AI, companies can act faster with real-time insights and guidance to improve performance, from more sales to higher retention.
Observe.AI is trusted by hundreds of customers and partners, including Pearson, Accolade, Group 1 Automotive, Southeast Trans, and Public Storage. Our recent $125 million Series C led by Softbank Vision Fund 2 with participation from Zoom Video Communications, Inc., brings our total funding to date to $213M, with investments from Menlo Ventures, Next47, NGP Capital, Emergent Ventures, Scale Ventures, Nexus Ventures, and Y-Combinator. For more information, visit www.observe.ai.
What you’ll do day to day as a Software Development Engineer in Test - II:
- As an SDET-2, you will work closely with developers to test and automate developed features, Engineering and ML pipelines, and manual testing of the new features.
- You will be responsible for owning the complete architecture of the automation framework and planning and designing automation for performance, API, and UI for product and data pipelines.
- You would also lead setting up automation infra, which would need you to work on setting triggers in the CI/CD pipeline and using Docker orchestration for on-demand resource allocation.
- You will be building high-quality automation frameworks to cover end-to-end testing of your features.
- You will get an opportunity to contribute at all levels of the test pyramid.
- You will also work with customer success and product teams to replicate post-production release issues.
- Besides that, you will attract talent and guide SDETs to gain knowledge of new tools and remove blockers.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject with 5+ years of Product testing experience.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (preferably Java).Strong Customer Orientation, and ability to translate customer concerns into test scenarios
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Strong expertise in automation and manual testing of APIs, UI, database
- Must have prior automation experience for Rest-based web services using Java (testing, maven, HTTP client, Rest assured)
- Must have prior experience in creating optimal test strategy (Including Functional, Non-functional, Analytics, and automation) and test plans for short-term and long-term projects both.
- Must have strong hands-on experience in functional and non-functional automation both for Web, API
- Knowledge of Docker, container orchestration, and CI/CD pipeline is a plus.
- Prior experience and exposure to testing real-time applications, and web sockets
- Experience testing and automating desktop applications
- Worked in B2B Saas company.
About the Team:
The team consists of sharp engineers with a range of experience. The engineers have been with the organization for over 3 years and have been a part of this amazing journey where the organization and systems have evolved dramatically. Love for a fast-paced working environment along with a focus on quality and healthy competition has been a distinct quality of our engineers.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
Excellent medical insurance options and free online doctor consultations
Yearly privilege and sick leaves as per Karnataka S&E Act
Generous holidays (National and Festive) recognition and parental leave policies
Learning & Development fund to support your continuous learning journey and professional development
Fun events to build culture across the organization
Flexible benefit plans for tax exemptions (i.e. Meal card, PF, etc.)
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Belonging
Observe.AI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Observe AI does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Observe.AI also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop, and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.