As a fully remote Principal Engineer at Observable, (Observablehq.com), you will work end to end on the planning and development of new features critical to Observable’s users, often in collaboration with partner teams (product, design, etc.). Compensation for this role includes a competitive salary and benefits plus generous equity.
What you will bring
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience and track record of feature development and delivery across a frontend and backend stack.
- Inclusive mentoring, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to coordinate the work of others when needed and to be a positive influence on other team members across the company
- Good computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and software design with excellent investigative and debugging skills.
- Ability to write readable, maintainable self-documenting or well-documented code to solve complex problems with simple, elegant solutions
What you will do
- Guide and influence the design, development, testing and maintenance of the full software stack
- Work closely with developers, product and other cross functional teams to ship new features and innovations to Observable’s platform and product
- Be part of a close-knit engineering team that ships new code into production multiple times a day.
- Take initiative, prioritize and manage workloads, and meet project deadlines.
- Have empathy for our users, and nurture the quality and development of the data practitioner experience as much as you do for the quality of our code.
- Work well and collaborate effectively in a team of diverse skills (engineering, design, product, advocacy).
More About Observable
Observable is a Series B startup that helps everyone make sense of the world with data.
Observable is the collaborative data canvas, built for and powered by community.
Thank you for your interest! 🙏 We can’t wait to hear from you.