Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2022
As more companies move key parts of their business to the cloud, it's critical to ensure that data and information are secure. Two functions that play a key role are developers and security teams. To date, innovation has been focused on development teams – who can now do more, faster. The security teams are not able to keep up and that creates risk for the organization.
The oak9 platform analyzes infrastructure-as-code and builds security into cloud native applications so they are secure and compliant by design.
We are passionate about removing the friction between development and security so businesses can achieve velocity & agility without compromising on security.
We're looking for smart, motivated, and talented individuals to join our growing team. You will be an integral part of oak9’s success, and this is a unique opportunity to accelerate your career in a fast-paced environment with a team full of passionate, committed people who are excited to transform how security integrates into modern development.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a top-tier leadership team to reshape the security landscape. We are growing fast and are looking for talented individuals to help in our mission.
What you will do:
- Work on cutting edge technologies to automate how secure products are designed and built
- Grow your career with oak9
- Work with an amazing and innovative team
- Drive the strategic direction of the product and company
- Build security reference architectures and best practices public cloud deployments
- Evangelize your work through conferences and publications to gain the broadest possible industry audience for your work
- Become intimately familiar with cloud service provider offerings and security considerations associated with them
Our ideal candidate
- 5+ years of experience in building security architectures across various domains - cloud & infrastructure security, application security, data protection, threat management, identity & access management.
- Expertise with Infrastructure-as-Code and cloud security
- Understands the security threat landscape and risks enterprises face
- Has designed and implement risk-appropriate product security architectures
- Experience with security design and threat modeling methodologies
- Experience with dynamic & static security code analysis and vulnerability scanning
- Experience with penetration testing
- Excellent teaching, communication, and interpersonal skills
- An aptitude for problem-solving
- A Bachelor's or Associate's degree in IT, Computer Science, or related field; Masters in Computer Science/Information Security preferred
- Enjoys all things security and has a serious interest in having fun at work
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k plan + company match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Unlimited vacation policy (2-week minimum!)
- Continuous Education Budget
- Flexible work arrangements
- Career development to pave your own path
- An exciting and fun startup environment
Wait! Did you know that women and minorities are less likely to apply to a position if they don’t match 100% of the stated “job qualifications”? Don’t let that be you and miss out on this opportunity! We want to encourage you to apply even if you may not think you are 100% of the way there right now. Don’t count yourself out! Give yourself a shot. We'll be in touch.
At this time, oak9 does not sponsor work visas.
*Benefits listed in the "What we offer" section apply to direct, full-time employees in the US. Some, but not all of these benefits may be extended to interns, contractors, international, and part-time employees.
See more open positions at oak9
Something looks off?