Senior Solutions Engineer (UK)
About the Team:
The Solutions Engineering team at Netlify is a core part of the enterprise go-to-market strategy. Netlify's Solutions Engineers have a passion for helping the fastest growing startups and enterprises in the world design, prototype, and build modern web projects at scale. The solutions engineers are liaison between customers stakeholders, sales, product management and support.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the founding SE team at Netlify, work with some of the smartest, motivated and nicest people in the industry. We are looking for doers and builders, people who like to roll up their sleeves and get things done. You’ll be traveling about 25% of the time per month visiting customers onsite.
What You'll Do:
- Build a deep technical understanding of customers looking to move to Jamstack/Netlify - guiding them through best practices of architecting, building, and deploying on Netlify
- Craft and present product demos to help showcase what Netlify can do, while assisting customers with pilot and proof of concept implementations
- Partner with Netlify Account Executives through the pre-sales process, creating joint plans for customer success
- Partner with Netlify Account Managers for continued post-sales customer engagement and growth
- Be the voice of the customer and communicate their needs and feedback to Product management, Product marketing, Support and the Engineering teams
- Build content to share with customers and the Netlify community in the form of demos, blog posts, webinars, and industry events
What You’ll Bring:
- Extensive pre-sales experience selling developer platform oriented products
- Current hands-on experience in the following areas:
- Experience with Serverless technologies (Headless CMS, Search, Authentication, Payments) and building with APIs (GraphQL, REST)
- Git based CI/CD workflows
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Cloudflare)
- Familiarity with Jamstack and Netlify is a plus
- Creative problem solver with know how to get things done and ability to lead others to success
- We welcome remote candidates based in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communicator and presenter able to gain audience confidence
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
A resume or short listing of your job history & skills (link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). We appreciate a cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role at Netlify to get to know you a bit better, though this is not required and will not impact your application. Our mission is to “build a better web” and that cannot be done without a diversity of skill sets, backgrounds and thoughts.
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team. Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know by emailing [email protected].
At Netlify, we’re on a mission to build a better web by making it easier than ever to build, deploy, and scale web applications. We are a Series D company with a $2B valuation and have raised over $200M from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT, Bessemer, BOND and Menlo Ventures. As a globally distributed organization, we aim to create a company culture where the best idea can come from anywhere and strive to be thoughtful, caring, and collaborative in our work within and across teams. To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our About page.
At Netlify, we are committed to equal pay for equal work. Netlify anchors our compensation philosophy on a market-based approach, therefore salary ranges may differ depending on the cost of labor in a particular location. Our base compensation for this role is targeted at £86,000 GBP - £116,000 GBP for UK-based locations. Because this role is eligible to participate in Netlify's commission plan, it is common for employees in this role to receive total on-target earnings of £115,000 GBP to £156,000 GBP. The starting pay will be determined based on multiple factors, including expertise and skills, market demands, experience, internal equity, and applicable geographic location. The salary provided is in addition to robust benefits and participation in Netlify’s equity plan. These compensation packages and ranges are subject to change and may be modified in the future. Your Talent Acquisition partner will be available to answer any questions during the hiring process.