Lead Software Engineer, Frontend - Sticky.app
Sticky is the personal workflow app designed to declutter your work process, helping you seamlessly navigate through your tasks, notes, and meetings. We strive to streamline productivity by integrating your work essentials, allowing you to focus on what truly matters. Funded by Menlo Ventures, our mission is to eliminate busywork, empowering you to achieve a better work-life balance, and ultimately, happiness.
Sticky is on the hunt for a Lead Frontend Developer to spearhead our journey in creating a user-friendly, category-defining productivity app. We are in search of someone with the expertise to solve complex full stack technical challenges, with a passion for crafting outstanding consumer user interfaces.
As the Frontend Lead, you will be tasked with autonomous decision-making, driving the technical vision of our product and ensuring the successful execution of our frontend strategy. If you are a passionate technologist looking to shape the future of productivity applications, we’d love to hear from you.
- Lead the design & build process for a single-page application, creating an engaging frontend experience.
- Optimize IndexedDB models, tables and indices for fast, offline-capable, client-first features.
- Maintain and enhance the CRDT-based data synchronization system (built on Yjs) for multi-user collaboration.
- Develop reusable, extensible UI components in Storybook.
- Incorporate cutting-edge AI technologies into our platform to automate and optimize components of user workflows.
- Collaborate with product and design to continuously improve Sticky, using insights derived from business strategies and customer feedback.
What we look for
- Expertise in frontend development for high-traffic, consumer-grade application interfaces.
- Experience in scaling a product from an early stage.
- Proven ability to lead projects or teams for web-scale consumer applications.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a passion for creating simple, intuitive solutions.
- Demonstrable customer-centric mindset and a track record of partnering with design teams to realize product vision.
- Motivated to work on personal and team productivity tools.
- Degree in Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics (or equivalent professional experience).
What we offer
- Digital-first workplace - live where you please, meet quarterly
- Competitive compensation package with generous equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Personal wellness stipend ($500/mo)
- Gear & workplace stipend ($1,500 one time)
- Unlimited PTO, every other Friday off