HOVER is a software platform offering measurement, visualization, estimation, and ordering solutions to the construction and insurance markets. HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across construction, insurance, and newly emerging, with Homeowners. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, The Home Depot, and leading Insurance carriers such as Travelers, State Farm, and Nationwide, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Please submit resume in PDF Format
Why HOVER wants you:
HOVER is looking for a Brand Designer with a track record of translating business objectives into compelling creative output. Driven by your creative thinking, your work will help to establish our brand and bring it to life. As a member of the creative team, you will collaborate with brand designers and copywriters, as well as cross-functional stakeholders like product marketers, brand marketers and product designers. Your ability to conceptualize and realize well-crafted creative work will be key to realizing HOVER’s brand goals.
In addition to driving day to day work (product launch efforts, sales enablement materials, etc.), you will help us to navigate our path forward. You will help develop and cement our brand identity through visual explorations, authoring style guides, and training other folks at HOVER to understand how to apply brand standards to their work.
You will contribute by:
In this role, you’ll collaborate with the Brand Design team and HOVER’s Growth and Product Marketing teams to produce Marketing assets that tell our brand story. To round out our small internal team, we partner with freelancers specializing in motion, 3D, and video. Together, we’ll build and launch campaigns that span digital, experiential, and print applications.
From concept to delivery, you'll be responsible for designing and producing high-quality design solutions that are simple, elegant, and help to drive meaningful business outcomes. Using your strengths as a communicator, you’ll guide cross-functional teammates through the design and creative process.
Our brand will flourish and evolve thanks to your thoughtful approach to design, and your high standards of creative execution. Your work will have a particular focus on web design, marketing collateral, and the development of templates and systems that allow us to scale so we can focus on the heaviest creative lifts.
Your background includes:
- 5+ years of experience in-house or with agencies
- You have a keen eye for details and possess a clean design aesthetic
- Experience on in-house design teams or at creative agencies.
- You have a strong sense of typography, hierarchy, and visual composition
- Proficient command of common design tools. Especially: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Figma.
- A strong curiosity and interest in collaboration are key to our success—the Brand Design team strives to cultivate a low-ego environment that encourages conversation and shared learning. We support one another and value our different strengths and points of view.
- You have an excellent online portfolio showcasing your visual and technical solutions across a variety of design challenges
- You have experience implementing visual design systems across a range of
- platforms in an iterative software development environment
- You have experience leading projects from concept to execution
- You are able to present and articulate ideas
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications
HOVER has Hubs in San Francisco, New York City, and Austin. These Hubs are where our teams will be growing the most as we foster in-person collaboration and connection.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $118,000-$174,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.