Manager, Customer Onboarding
HOVER is a software platform offering measurement, visualization, estimation, and ordering solutions to the construction and insurance markets. HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across construction, insurance, and newly emerging, with Homeowners. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, The Home Depot, and leading Insurance carriers such as Travelers, State Farm, and Nationwide, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Please submit resume in PDF Format
Why HOVER wants you:
HOVER is looking for a dynamic and motivated leader who enjoys fast-paced environments to drive forward a high performing team. Your focus will be on helping our customers maximize their experience on HOVER’s products in a critical junction during their customer journey. Your team will ensure new customers are effectively onboarded through project planning and engagement with leaders and individual contributors throughout their organization. You will have an opportunity to work cross functionally with multiple departments, including Sales, Account Management, Customer Support, and Product. It’s an exciting time to join and in this role, you’ll have an opportunity to influence processes, use your creativity, and have a part in continuing to build a world class customer experience at HOVER.
The Customer Onboarding team at HOVER is primarily focused on the customer experience during a critical junction of the customer journey. We take an empathic, customer centric, approach to learn about our customers' business/workflows. We will primarily offer HOVER’s existing suite of solutions to challenges, and work with our product teams to enhance our offerings when existing solutions do not meet the needs of our customers. We work closely with internal cross functional partners, and are a team that other departments love working with because they know we will get the job done and have fun doing it!
You will contribute by:
- Team Leadership: Oversee the development, coaching, and successful execution of 6-8 Onboarding specialists who guide & train our new customers.
- Goal Accountability: Track and manage all Customer Onboarding KPI’s to ensure the team is consistently performing at a high level.
- Customer Onboarding Strategy: Develop and execute strategies for new customer onboarding, ensuring a smooth transition from a successful sale to active product usage and are on pace to committed transaction levels.
- Onboarding Process Definition: Produce high-quality onboarding journeys and content such as welcome emails, guides, tutorials, videos, webinars, and other resources that educate customers about our product's value and functionality.
- Customer Education: Develop and ensure the team delivers training sessions, office-hours, or workshops to help customers maximize the value of HOVER’s product.
- Data Analysis: Continuously analyze jobs and activation data to identify areas of improvement and optimize onboarding processes for higher conversion rates.
- Customer Escalations: Serve as escalation point for any Onboarding projects that are not exceeding customer expectations and/or progressing appropriately by maintaining regular communication with customers and addressing any questions or concerns.
- Feedback Loop: Establish feedback loops with customers to gather insights and iterate on the onboarding process based on user feedback and needs.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product, sales, and account management, to align onboarding efforts with overall business goals and objectives.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in customer onboarding or customer success, preferably in a SaaS or Services company.
- 2+ years of experience leading/managing a customer facing team, preferably in a SaaS or Services company.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to oversee multiple customer onboarding projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and trust with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of customer success principles and best practices in onboarding customers
- Familiarity with project management tools and customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with a focus on finding practical and innovative solutions.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences and driving customer success.
Nice to have:
- Insurance and/or Construction industry experience
- Experience using a Customer Success Platform
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave - We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications
HOVER has Hubs in San Francisco, New York City, and Austin. These Hubs are where our teams will be growing the most as we foster in-person collaboration and connection.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $106,000-$156,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.