Senior Computer Vision Engineer
HOVER is a software platform offering measurement, visualization, estimation, and ordering solutions to the construction and insurance markets. HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across construction, insurance, and newly emerging, with Homeowners. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, The Home Depot, and leading Insurance carriers such as Travelers, State Farm, and Nationwide, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Please submit resume in PDF Format
Why HOVER Wants You:
Computer Vision is at the core of our technology and our future. We’re looking for engineers with deep technical experience (theoretical and applied) in computer vision to expand the core components of our 3D data platform. You'll join a world class team and will help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements.
This role is very much rooted in developing practical applications that can have immediate value to the business. You'll work alongside our team of designers, frontend, backend, graphics, and devops engineers to bring your creations to life. This means that you must not only be able to stay at the forefront of your discipline, but you must also excel at communication and collaboration.
You Will Contribute By:
- Design, implement, improve and evaluate algorithms and systems for robust 3D reconstruction under challenging situations, geometric computer vision, and sensor fusion
- Design and develop creative solutions and novel algorithms in an applied research setting through rapid prototyping to validate hypothesis and identify promising directions to solve failure cases
- Continue to learn and deepen your technical expertise while also mentoring and contributing to the growth of the computer vision group
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to your team members and the broader organization
Your Background Includes:
- Substantial experience developing algorithms for 3D reconstruction and Structure from Motion either in academic research or industrial setting
- Deep theoretical understanding and practical experience developing novel algorithms for some of the following topics:
- Camera models, photogrammetry, and single-view metrology
- Leveraging feature detectors and geometric constraints for 3D reconstruction
- Generating high-level structured representations (e.g. wireframes) from collections of images
- Training image-based feature detectors (surface normals, depth maps, geometric primitives, semantic segmentation, object detection)
- Deep learning-based solutions to 3D reconstruction
- Creative problem solving skills and excellent software development skills
- Comfortable building prototypes in either C++ or Python
- Highly competitive and passionate about solving hard technical problems
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and be able to thrive amidst ambiguity & uncertainty
Nice to haves:
- PhD related to 3D Reconstruction
- Strong track record of research in related areas including but not limited to (preferring candidates with publications in top-tier venues such as CVPR, ICCV, ECCV)
- Practical experience in writing robust and maintainable production code in modern C++
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications
HOVER has Hubs in San Francisco, New York City, and Austin. These Hubs are where our teams will be growing the most as we foster in-person collaboration and connection.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $154,000-$226,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.