Tech Lead, Product Engineering
HOVER is a software platform offering measurement, visualization, estimation, and ordering solutions to the construction and insurance markets. HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across construction, insurance, and newly emerging, with Homeowners. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, The Home Depot, and leading Insurance carriers such as Travelers, State Farm, and Nationwide, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Please submit resume in PDF Format
HOVER is looking for an experienced Tech Lead to join the Product Engineering team. As a passionate group of engineers, we are looking for someone who is similarly motivated to build great products that are valued by customers. An ideal candidate will be excited to contribute to our backend and frontend systems and even our mobile app. This is a great opportunity to get exposure to multiple systems and move the business forward in novel ways as you’ll be working on new products and capabilities focused on driving user value.
Our product engineering team consists of driven and eager-to-learn engineers committed to unlocking HOVER’s true potential. As a group of growth-minded teammates we don't take ourselves too seriously, enjoy close collaboration, and care about the success of the products we build. As part of this team you’ll have the opportunity to grow as an engineer and have access to learning and development stipends, refactor hours, and Excellent Fridays - a practice wherein you can spend your Fridays learning instead of squeezing out more commits.
You will contribute by:
Whether it’s writing RFCs/tech specs or writing code (via pair programming or solo), most of your time will be spent contributing across the stack to build innovative products that delight our users. We take feedback from our customers seriously so you will be working closely with Product Managers, Designers, and QA engineers to continuously improve the user experience. As you iterate, you’ll work closely with your fellow engineers to architect new systems, refactor code under test, and continuously deploy code to production.
Your background includes:
- 5+ years of Full-stack software development experience, with at least 1 year of experience as a Tech Lead or Team Lead
- 1+ year(s) of experience with ruby/ruby on rails
- Experience with a backend scripting language
- Experience operating in an 80/20 mindset and deliberately prioritizing your time when there are multiple exciting and impactful projects to work on
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $134,000 - $226,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Something looks off?