Engineering Manager, Product Engineering
HOVER is a software platform offering measurement, visualization, estimation, and ordering solutions to the construction and insurance markets. HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across construction, insurance, and newly emerging, with Homeowners. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, The Home Depot, and leading Insurance carriers such as Travelers, State Farm, and Nationwide, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Please submit resume in PDF Format
Why HOVER wants you:
HOVER is looking for an engineering manager to join our Product Engineering team. You will lead a passionate group of engineers who are motivated to build great products that are valued by customers. You are motivated by leading a highly performant team building features that unlock a major revenue stream for a series D company.
Our product engineering team consists of driven and eager-to-learn engineers committed to unlocking HOVER’s true potential. As a group of growth-minded teammates we don't take ourselves too seriously, enjoy close collaboration, and care about the success of the products we build.
We believe that it’s better to...
- make many small moves than few large ones
- reduce knowledge silos than optimize for short-term gains
- spend our Fridays learning instead of squeezing out more commits
- always be growing instead of doing what is familiar
You will contribute by:
You will mentor and guide the professional and technical development of the members of the team, which includes frontend, backend, and fullstack engineers. You will partner with engineers and technical leaders to ensure that the applications we support are stable, scalable, and maintainable, promoting practices like CI/CD and refactoring. You can support the execution of a team of engineers working through maintaining services, building tools,. You will collaborate and define cross-team and strategic initiatives in partnership with leads across the company.
Your background includes:
- 2+ years of experience leading teams as a manager
- Passion for leading a rapidly growing, fast paced team that works on high business-impact projects
- Experienced in leading and growing people both technically and professionally
- 5+ years in software development, preferably in a full-stack capacity
- Great product sense combined with strong technical communication skills and the ability to work effectively cross functionally with Product Managers, Designers and business stakeholders
- Bonus points for experience in our tech stack: React, Ruby, Rails
- Bonus points for experience managing a team building a rapidly iterating product
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $134,000 - $226,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Something looks off?