Mortgage Funding Analyst
Who We Are
We’re building the future of real estate — today.
HomeLight is the essential technology platform used by hundreds of thousands of homebuyers and sellers to partner with top real estate agents and win at any step of the real estate journey, whether that’s finding a top agent, securing a competitive mortgage, or ensuring on-time, easy close.
HomeLight facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform every year. Our vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying for all.
Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
What You’ll Do Here
- Review loan documentation to verify the accuracy of loan terms, borrower information, and loan approvals.
- Coordinate with loan processors, underwriters, and loan officers to address any outstanding conditions or issues affecting the funding process.
- Collaborate with borrowers, title companies, and other relevant parties to schedule and coordinate loan closings.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, as well as company policies, throughout the funding process.
- Verify the accurate allocation of funds to cover principal loan amounts, interest, taxes, insurance, and fees.
- Initiate the transfer of funds from the lender's accounts to cover the costs associated with mortgage transactions.
- Conduct audits and quality checks to ensure the accuracy and completeness of funding-related documentation and processes.
- Maintain meticulous records of fund disbursements, payments, and financial transactions.
- Resolve any discrepancies, errors, or issues that arise during the funding process in a prompt and effective manner.
- Generate reports and provide updates to management, loan officers, and relevant stakeholders regarding funding status and loan closings.
- Stay informed about changes in mortgage industry regulations and practices to ensure compliance and best practices.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of fund disbursement processes.
What you Bring
- 3 plus years experience in mortgage lending and mortgage funding.
- Solid understanding of mortgage industry regulations, including TILA, RESPA, and related laws.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in financial transactions and documentation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with internal teams and external parties.
- Proficiency in using mortgage industry software and systems for fund disbursement and documentation.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem-solving skills to address discrepancies and issues during the funding process.
- Strong organizational skills to maintain accurate records and meet tight deadlines.
- Positive attitude, adaptability, and a commitment to providing exceptional service.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical (Anthem or Kaiser), Dental & Vision (MetLife)
- Long-Term Disability & Short-Term Disability, Hospital Indemnity Insurance (Aflac)
- 401k (Guideline), Life Insurance (MetLife) & Pet Insurance (Nationwide)
- Commuter benefits are offered in certain locations
- PTO, including Volunteer Days to give back to your community
- Annual Anniversary Perks, including professional development and sabbaticals!
- HomeLight Services to help you with buying and selling your home
HomeLight is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce, providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request and any accommodation will be addressed confidentially.