Who We Are
We’re building the future of real estate — today.
HomeLight is the essential technology platform used by hundreds of thousands of homebuyers and sellers to partner with top real estate agents and win at any step of the real estate journey, whether that’s finding a top agent, securing a competitive mortgage, or ensuring on-time, easy close.
HomeLight facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform every year. Our vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying for all.
Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
What You’ll Do Here
- Produce or update 40-60 pieces of real estate-oriented content per month
- Conceptualize and develop blog articles optimized for high search engine visibility, with a particular emphasis on localized real estate content and resources
- Work collaboratively with a team of editorial assistants to collect subject matter expertise, data, and research for inclusion in articles
- Leverage AI tools to enhance efficiency
- Verify the accuracy of information in drafts and incorporate appropriate citations and attributions
- Incorporate supplementary features into blog articles, such as sidebars, Table of Contents (TOC), hyperlinks, summary boxes, and other interactive elements to enhance reader engagement
- Update existing content with up-to-date data, links, and sources, ensuring its relevance and accuracy
- Review and edit content to conform to AP and HomeLight’s internal style, and maintain consistency in brand voice and tone
- Proofread for typos and errors
- Monitor and manage content production progress using Airtable, ensuring tasks stay on schedule and any changes or updates are recorded accurately
- Partner with the editorial and SEO teams to identify and carry out quarterly content strategies, aligning with overarching business goals
What you Bring
- 2+ years of experience in writing and editing, preferably within real estate or related fields
- Exemplary research, writing, and editorial skills
- Experience with or willingness to use emerging AI technology
- Strong commitment to quality control and results, ensuring that content created aligns with HomeLight's standards and is thoroughly reviewed and edited to deliver exceptional value to our audience
- Outstanding project management and communication abilities
- Proven track record of meeting tight deadlines and producing a high volume of quality content at scale
- Ability to adapt swiftly to shifting priorities in a fast-paced content creation environment
- Proficiency in editing content based on SEO concepts and best practices
- Deep understanding and alignment with the HomeLight brand's voice, style, and tone
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a team and work independently when required
- Familiarity with AP Style (preferred)
- Knowledge of the real estate market and industry trends (preferred)
- Medical (Anthem or Kaiser), Dental & Vision (MetLife)
- Long-Term Disability & Short-Term Disability, Hospital Indemnity Insurance (Aflac)
- 401k (Guideline), Life Insurance (MetLife) & Pet Insurance (Nationwide)
- Commuter benefits are offered in certain locations
- PTO, including Volunteer Days to give back to your community
- Annual Anniversary Perks, including professional development and sabbaticals!
- HomeLight Services to help you with buying and selling your home
The following compensation information is provided to comply with job posting disclosure requirements in Colorado, New York, Washington, and California.
Base Pay Range: $55,000 to $70,000 annually. Base pay will vary depending on several factors, such as the position, location, qualifications of the individual, market conditions, and other operational business requirements.
HomeLight is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce, providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request and any accommodation will be addressed confidentially.