Senior Software Engineer - UI - Continuous Delivery
Harness is an engineering and innovation first company. Our teams take pride in solving complex, computer science problems to empower Software and DevOps professionals.
The Harness Continuous Delivery Platform team is a highly talented engineering team and we are building the world’s most advanced tools which help make software releases more efficient and reliable.
This is an amazing opportunity to be a Staff level Front-end Engineer in a high-growth, high-potential startup. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in architecting, designing, developing and delivering high quality front-end applications using ReactJS, HTML and CSS, that have a direct impact on the company’s product’s user experience.
About the role
- Lead the design and development of user-friendly and responsive user interfaces for the product, using ReactJS, CSS and HTML .
- Collaborate with cross functional teams that comprises UX designers, Product Managers, backend engineers, Devops and Customer Success to create and ship elegant and high quality web applications.
- Contribute to integration of micro frontends to ensure modularity and scalability in the front end architecture.
- Participate and contribute in key discussions related to user experience and end to end functional design of features.
- Quickly understand and be able to diagnose/troubleshoot complex systems/code and own key pieces of the system.
- Participate in peer reviews of specifications, design and code.
- Mentor junior engineers and drive best practices in front-end development.
- Own E2E from design, development to deployment of code using Docker and CI CD processes.
- Drive improvements in overall development processes, quality, identify key technical gaps and work closely with engineering leadership to prioritize and address.
- Stay updated with latest industry trends and emerging technologies to continuously improve our front end solutions.
- Proven experience as a Front end Engineer, with Strong portfolio of work using ReactJS, Typescript, HTML, CSS.
- Experience with responsive design and deep understanding of object-oriented design.
- Experience with performance debugging, front end caching and benchmarking.
- Good problem solving and debugging skills.
- Experience with building intuitive UI for dev-ops products will be a perfect fit.
- Experience with building shared platforms for high reusability would be great.
- Experience with building Micro-frontends and related patterns is a huge plus.
- Familiarity with Docker and CI/CD processes is a huge plus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality
- Strong desire to work in an unstructured, fast moving startup environment
- Formal Computer Science education required
Mountain View, CA - Hybrid on-site schedule, 3 days / week
What you will have at Harness
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Flexible work schedule
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team building events
- Monthly internet reimbursement
Harness in the news:
- Harness Snags $230 Series D - $3.7B Valuation
- Harness Recognized in Inc.'s Best Workplace Awards 2022
- Harness on LinkedIn: America's Great Companies to Work For -- And What You Can Learn From
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
- #2 on Quartz 2021 list best places to work for remote workers
- 2021 Career Launching Companies List
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.