Fox Robotics is at the bleeding edge of warehouse automation, with a focus on autonomous forklifts. As the leader in this space, Fox has clear product market fit and is scaling fast, with plans to double from ~100 employees to nearly 200 this year alone. With this growth, employees have a once-in-a-career opportunity to learn, all while working as part of a mission-driven team focused on making robots that work.
What you’ll do:
This position is part of the Quality Team and reports directly to the Quality Manager. The Quality Engineer is expected to focus on all areas of the Quality functions; Production, Engineering Development, Supplier Development, Customer Claims, Field Failures Analysis, etc. Finally, your input will help with the development of Fox Robotics Quality Management System, striving for best in class robots and business practices.
Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Assist the quality function from new product development through to manufacturing release to ensure a proactive culture so that Fox Robotics ships robots to the highest standard of quality possible.
- Actively lead the reduction of both internal and external non-conformances (NCRs).
- Assist in the creation of Quality Tools, Training Materials, Work Instructions and other relevant Documentation by understanding the limitations of existing resources.
- Support Continuous Improvement activities throughout Fox Robotics that aim to have a significant impact on cost reduction, productivity, and reduced waste.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, Engineering and Production to prevent non-conformances, customer complaints and rework by developing corrective and preventive actions within required time-frame.
- Maintain procedures and processes, ensuring company wide compliance to both Engineering and Customer specifications and standards.
- Facilitate non-conformance report communications to ensure that corrective actions are implemented and NCRs are resolved in a timely manner.
- Support Data reporting to the Leadership Team on Quality KPIs on a regular basis (or as needed).
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field (Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering) from an accredited university preferred
- 3-5 Years of experience in Manufacturing or Industrial environment; Quality hands-on experience is a must.
- Knowledge of PFMEA & DFMEA, Lean Six Sigma, Root Cause & Corrective and Preventive Action Plans not required but preferred.
- Knowledge of technical drawings, measuring instruments, and quality control practices.
Nice to have:
- Lean Six Sigma White or Yellow Belt
- Linux, C++, Software QA
- Ability to evaluate data (big plus)
- Effective communication, problem solving, and initiative skills; works well in a cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills & attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills. Proficient with MS Office suite, Google suite, and other work-related software.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Hybrid in-person and remote
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully-covered healthcare
More About Fox Robotics
We make robots that work.
We envision a world where robots serve as a human multiplier for dull and dangerous work. The warehousing industry sees more than 52,000 cases of injuries every year in the US. Our first product is an automated trailer unloader (forklift) that quickly demonstrates measurable value to our customers by both improving efficiency while also increasing safety.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.