Senior Quality Engineer
Join the team!
Become a key player in the cutting-edge realm of autonomous machinery. At Fox Robotics we're not just building machines; we're shaping the future of logistics and warehousing.
As part of the Fox Robotics Manufacturing Team, the Senior Quality Engineer will focus on all areas of our quality function and provide continuous improvement support for all manufacturing, design, engineering and field issues.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to establish and implement quality control procedures and standards to ensure the delivery of defect-free products.
- Utilize expertise in Lean, Six Sigma, and ISO 9001:2015 standards to drive continuous improvement initiatives within the manufacturing process.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) to assess product designs and manufacturing processes for adherence to quality standards.
- Lead root cause analysis investigations for non-conformances and customer complaints, identifying corrective and preventive actions to prevent recurrence.
- Work closely with the Customer Quality team to mitigate current field reliability problems, address customer concerns, and provide timely responses to inquiries.
- Perform data analysis to monitor key quality metrics, identify trends, and implement corrective actions as necessary.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation, including process control plans, work instructions, and quality procedures, ensuring alignment with regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with the Customer Quality team to address customer concerns, provide timely responses to inquiries, and contribute to customer audits.
- Participate in the design and implementation of validation protocols, conducting testing and analysis to ensure product and process robustness.
- Mentor and train junior team members on quality methodologies, tools, and best practices.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and regulatory changes related to quality engineering.
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field (preferred Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering) from an ABET accredited university preferred.
- 5 - 7 Years of experience in Manufacturing or Industrial environments.
- PROVEN knowledge and experience with PFMEA & DFMEA, Lean Six Sigma, ISO 9001:2015.
- Root Cause & Corrective and Preventive Action Plans.
- Knowledge of technical drawings, measuring instruments, and quality control practices.
- Proficiency in GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) and its application.
- Data analysis skills with the ability to utilize statistical tools to drive process improvements; Tableau knowledge and hands on experience is highly preferred.
- Experience in documentation creation, process control plans, work instructions, and quality procedures.
- Familiarity with QA tools, methodologies, and problem-solving.
- Effective communication, problem solving, and initiative skills; works well in a cross-functional team environment.
- Self-Starter & independent; this is an individual contributor role and the expectation is that you are able to run with minimal supervision and/or direction.
- Excellent organizational skills & attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills. Proficient with MS Office suite, Google suite, and other work-related software.
Bonus Points For
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow or Green Belt
- Linux, C++, Software QA
- Automotive experience
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Hybrid in-person and remote
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully-covered healthcare
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We make robots that work.
We envision a world where robots serve as a human multiplier for dull and dangerous work. The warehousing industry, our initial area of focus, sees more than 52,000 cases of injuries every year in the US. Our first product is an automated trailer unloader that quickly demonstrates measurable value to our users by both improving efficiency while also increasing safety.
By empowering people to do more with less, we can help grow the economy, create better-paying jobs, and generate revenue to fund social services.