Field Service Engineer
As one of the first members of Fox Robotics’ founding deployment operations team, you will set the standard for safe and scalable processes for the deployment of robots in warehouse environments. We are looking for a strong communicator who has a drive for constant improvement. The Robot Deployment Operator role is always growing and evolving in order to fit the needs of the customers.
This is a full-time position that may require up to 90% travel. Exceptional candidates will be considered for senior or lead deployment operations roles in the future.
Compensation: $64k annually + fully-covered health care and generous vision and dental benefits. Unlimited PTO after 3-month trial period. Performance reviews every six months provide opportunities for performance-based raises.
What you’ll do:
- Deploy automated forklifts to customer sites
- Working hours at the customer sites are dictated by the customers operating schedule
- Work with operations to bring trailers and take away products
- Upload Logs on a timely basis
- Configure the dock to deploy robot
- Install and troubleshoot network tools (modem and wifi)
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Understand and communicate the abilities and limitations of our robotic forklift
- Train customers to operate our forklifts and optimize their workflows
- Travel on short notice: up to 90% of your work may involve traveling to customer sites for installation, setup, training, and maintenance
- Deployment Tech Ops will be responsible for Tier 1 service for customers. As a deployment tech, you will be the Fox representative that a customer will call to troubleshoot issues on their site
- At this time, customer service hours will be from 7am - 11pm CST
- Deployment Tech Ops will work on a rotating schedule
- Basic maintenance on the robot / forklift
- Perform maintenance duties as required at both headquarters and customer sites
- Monitor deployed forklifts to determine when preventative maintenance is required for the forklifts
- Be able to talk to customers over the phone regarding maintenance
- Required to become certified Fox Robotic forklift operators
- Responsible for training new Fox robotics employees and customers on the robots
- Assist engineers with testing and running the robots
- Load Trailers
- Document and report information required for engineers
What you’ll need:
- Effective communication skills, both customer-facing and internal-facing
- The ability to quickly learn new software
- A willingness to occasionally work different shift hours, including early mornings, nights, and potentially weekends – your schedule may shift as customer needs change over time
- A valid driver license
- Clean driving record (no points on your license)
- An ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Openness to working nights or weekend shifts
Bonus points for:
- Tech startup experience
- Familiarity with automation and mobile robots
- Familiarity with warehousing and logistics
- Field service experience
- Experience operating a forklift
- Experience training warehousing employees to use new technologies
- Experience troubleshooting common software and hardware issues
- Commercial Driver License - Class A or Class B
- Basic mechanical repair knowledge (changing fuses, brake pads, etc…)
What’s in it for you:
- Work with robots every day
- Experience rapid career growth inside a rapidly growing startup
- Build relationships with key customers in warehouse automation
- Enjoy competitive salary and benefits, including fully-paid health care and unlimited PTO
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We make robots that work.
We envision a world where robots serve as a human multiplier for dull and dangerous work. The warehousing industry, our initial area of focus, sees more than 52,000 cases of injuries every year in the US. Our first product is an automated trailer unloader that quickly demonstrates measurable value to our users by both improving efficiency while also increasing safety.
By empowering people to do more with less, we can help grow the economy, create better-paying jobs, and generate revenue to fund social services.
With runway to go the distance, join our mission-driven team as we grow our customer-facing deployment operations team.