Robotics Software Engineer (Planning)
Robotics Software Engineer - Motion Planning
As a robotics software engineer, you will develop navigation and perception capabilities on an autonomous forklift as part of our world-class autonomy team. You will adapt modern research to solve challenging problems in robotics with a key attention to performance and reliability. You will write code in a combination of Python and C++ and contribute to a scalable and robust code base.
- Design and build one or more key components of a modern, scalable autonomy system
- Deliver high quality code to ensure systems are robust and reliable
- Work with multi-modal sensor data (e.g. stereo-depth vision, LiDAR, wheel odometry)
- Collaborate with engineers across multiple disciplines as part of a close-knit team
- Participate in production on-call support rotations
- Occasional travel to customer sites
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Robotics, Computer Science, or related field
- Strong C++ and/or Python programming skills
- Strong foundation in rigid-body motions and forward/inverse kinematics
- Expertise in motion planning, controls, point cloud processing, computer vision, or related fields
- Experience designing and implementing behavior trees for complex robot behaviors
- Proven ability to ship working real-time robotic applications
- Experience with localization and mapping algorithms (SLAM, EKF, Particle Filters, Sensor Fusion)
- Experience with 3D obstacle avoidance and navigation algorithms (A*, RRT*, PRM)
- Experience with reinforcement learning for motion planning
- Experience with sensors and hardware (IMU, LIDAR, Stereo-Depth Imaging, Encoders)
- Familiarity with deep learning-driven computer vision (Object Detection, Tracking, Semantic Segmentation)
- Familiarity with TensorFlow, Pytorch, PCL, and/or OpenCV
- Familiarity with robotic applications for supply chain logistics
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Hybrid in-person and remote
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully-covered healthcare
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information about working at Fox Robotics, please visit foxrobotics.com/careers/.
We make robots that work.
We envision a world where robots serve as a human multiplier for dull and dangerous work. The warehousing industry, our initial area of focus, sees more than 52,000 cases of injuries every year in the US. Our first product is an automated trailer unloader that quickly demonstrates measurable value to our users by both improving efficiency while also increasing safety.
By empowering people to do more with less, we can help grow the economy, create better-paying jobs, and generate revenue to fund social services.