The manufacturing manager is responsible for leading the manufacturing operations at Fox Robotics. They will be responsible for setting the expectations of the manufacturing team to meet production goals and lead continuous improvement initiatives. The manufacturing manager will work closely with all hardware teams to maintain a growing manufacturing line.
- Managing and leading the manufacturing production technician team and fostering a culture of excellence.
- Creating and maintaining the production schedule with adequate tracking of schedule slips, production projections, and resource allocation.
- Work cross functionally with Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Vehicle Design, and Purchasing to ensure that the manufacturing line is operating efficiently and safely.
- Managing ERP system for production related needs, such as work orders and production routing.
- Reporting of manufacturing production data and communicating trends to hardware and leadership teams.
- Coordination with Revenue Operations on manufacturing production progress and expectations of product completion to ensure a sustaining sales pipeline.
- Coach technicians through mentoring and one-on-one’s. Identify growth opportunities, remove blockers, and celebrate the team’s successes.
- Implementation of Lean Six Sigma manufacturing improvement initiatives such as 5S and Kaizen.
- Excellent communication skills to managing diverse relationships, mentor employees, build an effective team, and interact effectively with all levels within the organization.
- High level of leadership and decision-making skills.
- Ability to review drawings, process routers, or procedures to identify and drive opportunities for quality and cost improvements.
- Strong background in collaboration across multiple disciplines including engineering, operations, development, logistics, and sales.
- Ability to problem solve quickly and prioritize daily tasks according to their importance.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years experience managing technicians and engineers in a manufacturing environment.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- You have a passion for robots or automation.
- You have experience at small companies or startup environments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We make robots that work.
We envision a world where robots serve as a human multiplier for dull and dangerous work. The warehousing industry, our initial area of focus, sees more than 52,000 cases of injuries every year in the US. Our first product is an automated trailer unloader that quickly demonstrates measurable value to our users by both improving efficiency while also increasing safety.
By empowering people to do more with less, we can help grow the economy, create better-paying jobs, and generate revenue to fund social services.
With runway to go the distance, join our mission-driven team as we grow our customer-facing deployment operations team.