Hilti Fieldwire, Inc.'s affiliate is hiring. This position is an opportunity to join the Hilti, Inc. team. The candidate selected for this position will be a Hilti, Inc. team member. If interested, please complete our application.
Who we’re looking for
At Fieldwire, we’re looking for an engineering manager in France, to lead the team of 7 or so engineers working on various transversal services of the Fieldwire application, running primarily on the backend. We are looking for a leader who is clearly technically involved, leading by example, and capable of diving deep to problem solve with their engineers, make technical recommendations and provide constructive feedback.
The engineering managers at Fieldwire are essentially tasked with building great teams, delivering great products, and animating the life of their engineering squad.
You will represent your team internally and work cross-functionally with other leaders to shape the vision of Fieldwire and how we can work together as one organization to create the best Construction Management Platform in the world! As the Manager of the engineering team, you will be leading a group that is responsible for building our product that’s already used on over 1 Million projects globally to help prop up the world’s infrastructure and truly change people’s lives for the better daily.
What you’ll be doing
You will lead the “Backend Services Team” in France, to:
- Build new integrations of Fieldwire with 3rd party services and expand our exposed capabilities on an IpaaS platform to multiply the value of Fieldwire for our customers eager to integrate Fieldwire in their outside workflows.
- Manage the synchronization of customer files with outside cloud storage providers using the IpaaS platform or home-built algorithms
- Manage synchronization of customer files with outside cloud storage providers using the IpaaS platform or home-built algorithms
- Manage the upload and viewing of floor plans, a central feature in construction management software.
- Optimize the backend generation of task reports
- Maintain and improve performances on new and existing features
- Keep a high quality standard by maintaining a low number of open bugs
- Keep our platform up to date with the latest and greatest frameworks and tools
The primary responsibilities for our next Engineering Manager are to:
- Oversee a team of 7 or so Software Engineers (and QA analyst)
- Be both a technical leader and a people manager--can’t have one without the other
- Scale the team by recruiting top talent in partnership with our recruiting team and leveraging your existing network
- Keep your team motivated and active by delivering moments of WOW as a leader
- Develop a culture of high-performance and winning while still having fun doing it
- Work with the design and product teams to develop our next set of ultra-sticky features
- Enhance our engineering standards, tooling, and processes to be best in class
At Fieldwire, we’re looking for our next Engineering Manager to have the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in an engineering management role
- Experience with Rails, Angular, and Docker
- Excellent communication skills, able to represent your team to a wide-variety of audiences with varying levels of technical fluency
- Experience building a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Familiar with complex software architectures of high concurrency and scale, preferably in SaaS and web environments
And if you have any of the following, we REALLY want you to apply today!
- Experience working at a B2B SaaS company
- Entrepreneurial spirit and scrappiness: previously a technical founder or foundational member of an early-stage start up
- A strong drive to help your team bring consistency to codebases, infrastructure, and processes
Fieldwire is a construction field management software, used on over 1,000,000+ projects worldwide. We’re obsessed with improving the way teams work together. We’re building a Field Management Platform dedicated to construction teams — providing operational excellence for one of the world’s largest global industries -- $10 Trillion/year. We’re delivering a superior, easy-to-use product that’s driven by the voice of our customers.
Fieldwire solves the problem of access to information and coordination of labor at a large scale for some of the largest projects in the world. The Fieldwire mobile app has a nearly five-star rating based on thousands of customer reviews. Fieldwire was venture backed by top venture capitalists and has already transformed the way thousands of companies worldwide are working together. Fieldwire was acquired by Hilti for $300M in November 2021.
Where is the job located?
This role is located in Paris, France.
Fieldwire is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.