Hilti Fieldwire, Inc.'s affiliate is hiring. This position is an opportunity to join the Hilti, Inc. team. The candidate selected for this position will be a Hilti, Inc. team member. If interested, please complete our application.
Who we’re looking for
Hilti North America (HNA) Account Managers are the direct link between Hilti and the customer. Consistently recognized by Selling Power Magazine as a top company to sell for, Hilti is a world-leading manufacturer and supplier of quality, innovative, and specialized tool and fastening systems for professional users in a variety of construction trades.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
- Make outside, face-to-face consultative sales to grow a loyal client base within a designated geographical area while strengthening the company’s position or market share within the territory
- Develop, analyze, and manage business plans through an Opportunity-Oriented Sales Approach utilizing relevant Hilti systems and tools (including but not limited to SalesForce) to match Hilti solutions to validated client need
- Use Time and Territory Management (TTM), zone territory by client potential and previous sales, utilize sales productivity tools, and create/plan daily schedule (including presence at jobsites, projects, and client offices) • Demonstrate Hilti products, software and services sales execution and communicate the Hilti Value proposition in-person, face-to-face, with clients
- Prove effective in managing open leads, convert qualified open leads to opportunities, manage, update opportunities and data quality in a timely manner
- Identify the key roles within the organization (jobsite and offices) and understand their responsibilities and needs; obtain appointments with key decision makers within organizations with Hilti relevant potential • Evaluate top potential accounts within assigned sales territory through collaboration with Hilti stakeholders; Create account development plans to maintain a well-balanced pipeline by identifying client potential and where product, service, and solutions gaps exist in client's current purchasing habits throughout each stage of their projects
- Demonstrate ability to manage complexities in territory by using Hilti's CRM platform with adequate documentation and collaboration
- Assume accountability for care and maintenance of company assets, e.g. company provided vehicle, van inventory, laptop, and smart phone to minimize loss due to damage or lost inventory
- Collaborate with a variety of departments (including: materials management, logistics, credit, marketing, technical services, and customer service) to be a successful account manager
- Additional duties as assigned
Vehicle/ Driver’s License Requirements:
- Company vehicle provided for carrying tools/fasteners for product demonstration purposes
- Must have valid US driver’s license and comply with HNA Fleet Safety Policy requirements
- Account Manager has responsibility for prudent care and protection of company assets
- Combination of home office, meetings, driving company vehicle to make sales calls at customer’s office, and making jobsite visits will be expected. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Adverse Working Conditions:
- Job requires walking on construction sites and uneven surfaces, and may include climbing scaffolding, ladders, and stairs during all seasons of the year
- Construction jobsites may also expose Account Managers to excessively loud noises; ear protection is strongly encouraged and may be required on some job sites
Safety Equipment Required:
- Hardhat, safety vest, safety glasses, gloves, steel toe boots, and long pants required for working job sites; must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti, OSHA, and General Contractors
- Must be able to walk on construction projects, climb ladders and scaffolding, and able to lift and carry as much as 65 pounds
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Communicate effectively, ability to reliably and timely attend work
- Minimum of three years of outside sales experience with proven track record of success growing sales to a loyal client base within a designated geographical area while strengthening the company's position and market share within assigned territory, or three years of direct industry experience.
- Understanding of trades, key applications and share of wallet preferred
- Some experience with reading and understanding construction documents is preferred.
- Proficient computer skills including Salesforce, MS Office suite, and smartphones
- Previous experience of preparing professional sales presentations and quotes for clients
- Ability to assist the credit department in collecting on outstanding accounts receivables. Excellent time and territory management skills
- Ability to thrive both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop engaged client relationships and effectively implement strategic concepts. Must be persuasive, sales driven, client focused, and a team player
- Must maintain a professional business appearance in accordance with HNA dress policy at all times
- Actively exhibit and foster Hilti's core values of integrity, courage, commitment, teamwork, and inclusion
- Career advancement may require domestic and/or global mobility
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows: $81,000 - $93,000.
The salary range represents the low and high end of the salary range for this job in the US. Minimums and Maximums may vary based on location. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors such as your skills, qualifications and experience. In addition to the salary you may be eligible for a bonus which can range up to $19,000.
This position is based in San Mateo, CA.
Why should you apply?
Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.