Senior Manager, Customer Success - Scaled Legal
Everlaw is seeking a highly-motivated Senior Manager of Customer Success that embodies our company values of mutual respect, egoless communication, a drive to set a higher bar, and a relentless focus on the client experience. As a key leader of the Customer Success team, you’ll be responsible for leading a team of Customer Success Managers and Customer Success Associates who are responsible for the entire post-sale client experience.
You’ll combine people, processes and technologies to deliver high impact and value added customer experiences throughout the Customer Journey. You’ll build and nurture a high performing team that is responsive, solution oriented, customer outcomes focused and innovative, constantly looking for ways to improve customer experience through self service. You’ll develop automations that deliver customer success growth and retention motions at scale, leveraging the latest technology to surface opportunities while increasing team productivity and customer satisfaction.
You’ll also collaborate across the company, partnering with departments including Sales, Business Development, Product, Engineering, and the rest of the Customer Experience organization (including Support and User Education) to ensure a fantastic client experience. Your work will matter — you'll greatly impact the day-to-day experience of our clients, the growth of the company, and be a strategic leader for your team.
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating truth. Our company culture is open and vibrant and we’re committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins with managers regarding career goals. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you! Think you’re missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team.
This is a full-time, exempt position based in either our Oakland, CA, New York City, or Washington D.C. office with a hybrid work schedule: in office M/W/Th with the option to work from home on Tu/Fr.
- We want you to feel like part of the team early on! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our product, policies, processes, and team structure and goals. And you’ll spend meaningful time getting to know your direct reports and discover what excites and challenges them.
- We’re excited for you to learn, grow, and contribute right away! We trust that you’ll bring experience and knowledge that will uplift and uplevel the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1.
In your role, you'll...
- Become product certified! You’ll start your journey completing training modules to get up running on the ins and outs of the Everlaw platform.
- Develop a comprehensive digital, automated and personal customer success strategy that aligns with the company’s overall goals and objectives
- Define and implement scalable processes and systems to guide customers through their journey, from onboarding to adoption, expansion, and advocacy
- Utilize data-driven insights to understand customer usage behavior, preferences, and pain points
- Establish KPIs and leading indicators to measure the effectiveness of digital and personal customer success efforts, including customer health scores, growth rate, forecast accuracy, motion completion rates, net dollar retention, logo/dollar churn etc. to ensure consistent and predictable monthly/quarterly results that align with the company objectives and revenue goals.
- Establish KPIs to measure the productivity of the customer success team in delivering growth motions at scale to customers.
- Build, coach and manage a team of Customer Success Managers and Customer Success Associates that own client success functions, fostering a culture of customer-centricity and continuous improvement
- Set clear performance expectations, provide coaching and development opportunities, and monitor team progress towards goals
- Lead meaningful one-on-ones with your team, providing actionable guidance, thoughtful feedback, and supporting individual career growth goals.
- Use your process driven mindset to collaborate cross-functionally to design and improve processes and drive client experience metrics to goals, ensuring an industry-leading customer experience.
- 4+ years experience growing and managing a customer success organization
- 8+ years of customer success, accounts management, or related, experience
- You have commercial acumen to lead renewal, up sell, cross sell conversations and contract negotiations, achieving Everlaw’s revenue and margin objectives
- You have customer management acumen and proven track record of successfully managing customer expectations and escalations
- You have leadership skills with the ability to motivate and focus the organization on team and individual objectives while using your high emotional intelligence to understand how to influence and deftly challenge areas of the business that are not under direct control.
- You think both strategically and tactically, thrive in ambiguity, and adapt on the fly to evolving situations. You also love identifying and delivering on tool and process improvements to enhance efficiency.
- You have an affinity for building and sustaining strategic relationships internally and with partner teams, using your exceptional oral and written communication skills to work more effectively across teams and even communicating with high-value customers.
- You are genuinely interested in joining a fast-growing team and having a big impact on the success of the product and company
- You are authorized to work in the US; please note that Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions at this time.
- The expected salary range for this role is between $165,000 - $210,000. The final offered salary will be dependent upon many factors including the candidate’s experience and skills. The base pay range is subject to change in the future.
- Equity program
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and approximately 10 days (80 hours) per year of sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus 11 federal holidays
- Membership to Modern Health to help employees prioritize mental health and wellness
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Find out more about our Benefits and Perks
- Work in Uptown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants and walking distance to Lake Merritt
- Flexible work-from-home days on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Enjoy a wide variety of snacks and beverages in the office
- Bond over company-wide out-of-the-box events and fun activities with your team
- Time off for company-sponsored volunteer events and 4 paid hours per quarter to volunteer at a charitable organization of your choice
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Ranked #9 on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2023 for US small and medium companies
- One of Wealthfront’s 2021 Career Launching Companies, and ranked #2 on the “2022 Bay Area Best Places to Work” list by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal
- One of Fast Company’s World's Most Innovative Companies for 2022 and proud contributor of free ediscovery resources to benefit the greater good through “Everlaw for Good”