Learning & Development Specialist II
We believe onboarding is a critical time for our new hires and we’re looking for a Learning & Development Specialist to lead and continue to uplevel our onboarding program. You’ll use your respect for employees to make a significant impact by ensuring our new hires feel welcomed and supported through rich pre-board communications, a structured learning curriculum, and intentional bonding moments. In addition, you’ll explore and implement innovative tools and technology to provide a seamless onboarding experience, working closely with HR and IT. This position will report to our Learning & Development Manager and is a great opportunity to grow your career while creating impactful first moments for our new hires!
In addition to onboarding, you’ll collaborate with fellow L&D team members and People Partners to develop and implement a manager development program in support of ongoing manager effectiveness and career development. You’ll design, create and implement e-learnings and live workshops that build on one another and are grounded in manager competencies and our thoughtful management philosophy.
The Learning, Engagement, and Development (LED) team supports our general onboarding program, learning and development programs, and engagement activities across the company with an emphasis on supporting the employee experience through a lens of equity and inclusion.
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating truth. Our company culture is open and vibrant and we’re committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins with managers regarding career goals. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you! Think you’re missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team. Learn more about Life at Everlaw.
This is a full-time position based in our Oakland, California office with a hybrid work schedule: in office M/W/Th with the option to work from home Fridays and occasional Tuesdays (depending on onboarding facilitation needs).
- We want you to feel like part of the team early on! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our product, policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- We’re excited for you to learn, grow, and contribute right away! We trust that you’ll bring experience and knowledge that will uplift and uplevel the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1.
In your role, you'll...
- Design, facilitate, and maintain onboarding and manager development sessions and content in various mediums (virtual and in-person live as well as via our Learning Management System).
- Contribute to the planning and logistics related to onboarding and manager development programs, including communications, coordinating and scheduling sessions, evaluating feedback, and providing support for employees to ensure a seamless experience.
- Design and produce onboarding and manager development education content utilizing various mediums for synchronous and asynchronous learning. You’ll work with subject matter experts to ensure program content meets learning objectives.
- Build and foster a sense of community for our new hires throughout the 2-week onboarding program through social activities, wellness offerings, professional development, community outreach, and more.
- Provide support to onboarding leads and managers to improve role-specific onboarding.
- Address or escalate any issues that arise as part of onboarding or manager development programs.
- Utilize our LMS and other learning technology tools to track and enhance the employee learning experience.
- Identify, propose, and implement new or improved ideas and solutions that add value to the learning processes and experiences.
- Stay up-to-date on the best practices around onboarding, manager development, and hybrid learning to uplevel the employee experience at Everlaw.
- Collaborate with LED team members on other projects, as needed.
- You have at least 3 years of experience coordinating and executing LED programs including onboarding, leadership development and/or employee engagement programs.You have at least 3 years of instructional design and facilitation experience in a corporate environment.
- You have an inherent sense of organization, pay great attention to detail, possess a keen eye for process improvements, and you excel at handling multiple responsibilities at the same time.
- You’re a clear, fast, and friendly communicator, both in writing and in front of an audience, and enjoy collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- You have a passion for team-building and collaboration.
- You pride yourself on providing constructive feedback, clear expectations, and thoughtful support that helps your team and colleagues reach their goals.
- You value learning and are always working to develop your craft and improve processes, reflecting on your progress and looking for opportunities to improve and develop.
- You have an aptitude and inclination to use data to create narratives and solve problems and uplevel experiences.
- The expected salary range for this role is between $100,000 - $130,000. The final offered salary will be dependent upon many factors including the candidate’s experience and skills. The base pay range is subject to change in the future.
- Equity program
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and approximately 10 days (80 hours) per year of sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus 11 federal holidays
- Membership to Modern Health to help employees prioritize mental health and wellness
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Find out more about our Benefits and Perks
- Work in Uptown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants and walking distance to Lake Merritt
- Flexible work-from-home days on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Enjoy a wide variety of snacks and beverages in the office
- Bond over company-wide out-of-the-box events and fun activities with your team
- Time off for company-sponsored volunteer events and 4 paid hours per quarter to volunteer at a charitable organization of your choice
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Ranked #9 on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2023 for US small and medium companies
- One of Wealthfront’s 2021 Career Launching Companies, and ranked #2 on the “2022 Bay Area Best Places to Work” list by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal
- One of Fast Company’s World's Most Innovative Companies for 2022 and proud contributor of free ediscovery resources to benefit the greater good through “Everlaw for Good”