Revenue Accounting - Deal Desk Manager
We are seeking an experienced Deal Desk Manager who will help build and lead our deal review process for the Revenue Accounting Team. This person will be Everlaw’s first employee fully dedicated to deal review, so this is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys building processes and helping shape and formalize our deal desk operation, a pivotal component of our overall revenue operation. The Deal Desk Manager will report to the Director of Revenue.
As the Deal Desk Manager, you will confidently assume the reins of our deal desk operations, while offering extensive cross-functional support to our sales, operations, and finance teams. You are enthusiastic about streamlining processes and skilled at crafting efficient, customer-centric workflows.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong background in revenue recognition, and have excellent problem-solving and analytical skills. They should be able to build relationships and collaborate with cross functional stakeholders to identify and implement process improvements. This person will have 1-2 years of project management experience, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while adapting to ever-changing needs and priorities.
This is a full-time, exempt position based in our Oakland, California office. Employees are eligible for a hybrid work schedule: in office M/W/Th with the option to work from home Tu/Fr.
- We want you to feel like part of the team early on! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our product, policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- We’re excited for you to learn, grow, and contribute right away! We trust that you’ll bring experience and knowledge that will uplift and uplevel the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1.
In your role, you'll...
- Support the development of a formalized deal desk process including the design and workflow required by the systems, key approval events,etc and ensure proper oversight by relevant departments
- Review revenue agreements in connection with deal review process to ensure compliance with ASC 606 and Everlaw revenue policy
- Manage deal review communications between revenue team and Sales, Sales Operations and Legal during contract negotiations and provide guidance and assistance to ensure proper revenue recognition
- Support historical contract review to ensure we have recognized revenue properly including any segmentation to support future updates.
- Provide as-needed technical accounting guidance to business partners and team members as part of deal review process
- Effectively manage workflow to provide timely feedback and input while keeping management aware of key issues.
- Partner with order-to-cash cross functional teams (Sales, Legal, Deal Desk, Sales Ops, Finance, and/or AR) to ensure all fully executed agreements are properly booked and recognized in our systems to ensure accuracy in quarterly metrics
- Support the Revenue Accounting team with other special projects, as needed such as year-end audit contract review and other ad hoc projects
- 8+ years related experience in Revenue [ASC 606] / Accounting
- Experience with SaaS/Technology industry preferred
- CPA with Big 4 experience preferred
- A highly productive self-starter with very strong work ethic
- Strong accountability and detail-oriented; prepares accurate and timely work product
- Ability to work independently and thrive, and be a team player
- Strong interpersonal, communication and messaging skills
- Ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
- Capable of moving between a variety of roles with ease with working with cross functional teams
- Understanding of global quote-to-cash business processes and best practices
- Advanced skills in Excel, Salesforce, and experience using Netsuite and IronClad
- Project management experience
- The expected salary range for this role is between $130,000 and $160,000. The final offered salary will depend on many factors including a candidate's experience, skills, and interview performance. The role's salary is subject to change in the future.
- Equity program
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and approximately 10 days (80 hours) per year of sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus 11 federal holidays
- Membership to Modern Health to help employees prioritize mental health and wellness
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Enjoy a wide variety of snacks and beverages in the office
- Bond over company-wide out-of-the-box events and fun activities with your team
- Time off for company-sponsored volunteer events and 4 paid hours per quarter to volunteer at a charitable organization of your choice
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Ranked #9 on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2023 for US small and medium companies
- One of Wealthfront’s 2021 Career Launching Companies, and ranked #2 on the “2022 Bay Area Best Places to Work” list by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal
- One of Fast Company’s World's Most Innovative Companies for 2022 and proud contributor of free ediscovery resources to benefit the greater good through “Everlaw for Good”
Learn more about our Benefits and Perks