Customer Support Specialist (New York, NY)
Everlaw is looking for a highly motivated Customer Support Specialist to join our Customer Support team! As a Customer Support Specialist, you'll greatly impact the day-to-day experience of our clients. You’ll be the first line of contact for our customers using your Respect for Users to ensure that all clients are successful and delighted by their Everlaw experience. You’ll be responsible for answering client questions, teaching product functionality and troubleshooting technical issues via phone and email. Your work will matter-- the exceptional service you provide directly impacts the success of the legal teams at law firms, corporations, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations who collaborate on our platform every day to discover truth and promote justice.
Everlaw's Customer Experience team leads all aspects of the post-sale client experience, including onboarding, technical support, data migrations, user education, and ongoing account management. We are a diverse group that thrives on collaborating with every team across Everlaw to deliver an amazing experience to our customers.
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating truth. Our company culture is open and vibrant and we’re committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins with managers regarding career goals. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you! Think you’re missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team.
This is a full-time, non exempt position located onsite in our New York, NY office with a hybrid work schedule: in office M/W/Th with the option to work from home Tu/Fr. This position requires working 9:00am-6:00pm EDT.
- We want you to feel like part of the team early on! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our product, policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- We’re excited for you to learn, grow, and contribute right away! We trust that you’ll bring experience and knowledge that will uplift and uplevel the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1.
In your role, you'll...
- Become product certified! You’ll begin by completing training modules to get up and running on the ins and outs of the Everlaw platform.
- Start your journey on the support queue, providing world-class customer support.
- Use your egoless communication and collaborate with your teammates to solve complex client tickets and improve the customer experience.
- Participate in quarterly performance and development objectives meetings with your direct manager to build development goals and pathways.
- Become a subject matter expert in certain areas of the product and continue to deepen your knowledge of the platform overall.
- Develop a strong relationship with the Product and Engineering teams to drive product improvements.
- You have a passion for technology and helping others to understand and use it.
- You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills that show enthusiasm, energy, and empathy.
- You are incredibly organized, process-driven, and capable of anticipating and mitigating friction points in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a thoughtful collaborator, partnering cross-functionally to drive a streamlined customer experience.
- You are a quick, eager, and proactive learner, and take initiative to promptly resolve and learn from challenges.
- You are authorized to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- You have experience in eDiscovery, but this is not required.
- You have experience working in Customer Support, ideally at a software or legal technology company, but this is not required.
- You have experience using Customer Relationship Management tools such as Zendesk and/or Salesforce, but this is not required.
- You are comfortable using Google Applications, such as GMail, Google Calendar and Google Docs.
- The expected hourly rate range for this role is between $33.65 and $40.86. The final offered hourly rate will be dependent upon many factors including the candidate’s experience and skills. The base pay range is subject to change in the future.
- Equity program
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and approximately 10 days (80 hours) per year of sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus 11 federal holidays
- Membership to Modern Health to help employees prioritize mental health and wellness
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Enjoy a wide variety of snacks and beverages in the office
- Bond over company-wide out-of-the-box events and fun activities with your team
- Time off for company-sponsored volunteer events and 4 paid hours per quarter to volunteer at a charitable organization of your choice
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Ranked #9 on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2023 for US small and medium companies
- One of Wealthfront’s 2021 Career Launching Companies, and ranked #2 on the “2022 Bay Area Best Places to Work” list by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal
- One of Fast Company’s World's Most Innovative Companies for 2022 and proud contributor of free ediscovery resources to benefit the greater good through “Everlaw for Good”