Sales Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Oakland, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
Everlaw is seeking a Sales Development Representative that demonstrates our company values of attention to detail, setting your own bar and egoless communication!
As a Sales Development Representative, you will be instrumental in supporting our Sales team’s efforts to bring on new clients while learning the fundamental skills necessary to become a successful software salesperson. You will become an expert in researching potential customers, deliver compelling reasons to meet with our Sales Team, and learn firsthand how your efforts lead to opportunities for the company. We are looking for a Sales Development Representative who is not only curious, but agile, and adapts to the growing needs of the business. Learn more about life as an Everlaw SDR here!
Whether it be a timely follow up on a request for information, a cold call, or an expo booth visit, the Sales team is often the first point of interactions for prospective Everlaw clients and the team strives to make those conversations memorable and impactful. Sales focuses on delivering excellence through every step of an organization's diligence of improving litigation and discovery workflows, employing genuine curiosity in discovery calls, conducting highly tailored demonstrations and presentations, and curating compelling proofs of value to ensure that our new customers can come on board with a clear path to achieving success. Everlaw’s sales team isn’t your typical one. Whether it’s spearheading a climate-action themed cold calling event, weekly basketball at the local YMCA, or group crossword puzzles over lunch, reps and leadership alike embody a commitment to bringing their authentic selves to work.
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating truth. Our company culture is open and vibrant, and we’re committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins with managers regarding career goals. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you! Think you’re missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team. Learn more about Life at Everlaw.
If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you!
This is a full-time non-exempt position based in our Oakland, California office with a hybrid work schedule: in office M/W/Th with the option to work from home Tu/Fr.
- We want you to feel like part of the team early on! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our product, policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- We’re excited for you to learn, grow, and contribute right away! We trust that you’ll bring experience and knowledge that will uplift and uplevel the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1.
In your role, you’ll...
- Gain a deeper understanding of Everlaw’s software and customers through training and experience, allowing you to better target future customers and present Everlaw’s value
- Develop an understanding of Everlaw sales tools (LinkedIn Navigator, Salesforce and Outreach).
- Collaborate with other team members, SDRs and Account Executives, in order to gain more product knowledge as well as work to qualify leads and book appointments.
- Using your product knowledge, begin reaching out to potential Everlaw customers and educating them on Everlaw’s value proposition.
- Develop a key understanding of your pipeline and target objectives.
- Attend continuous training from our Sales Enablement Team.
- Contribute to team growth and success.
- You’re excited to begin a career in tech sales and curious about emerging technologies.
- You have exceptional oral and written communication skills that show enthusiasm, energy, and poise.
- You are extremely motivated and are not afraid of a challenge, specifically working through rejection.
- You find success through hard work, and are willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help others to achieve the team's end goals.
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment that requires the ability to work independently and adaptively, anticipate and mitigate friction points, and take initiative to promptly resolve and learn from challenges.
- You are authorized to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- You have at least 1+ years of experience in SaaS sales lead generation through social channels, emailing, and cold-calling, or similar experience.
- Industry experience (SaaS or eDiscovery) is a plus, but not required.
- The expected hourly rate for this role is $28.12. This role is also eligible for additional incentive pay/commission. The base pay range is subject to change in the future.
- Equity program
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and approximately 10 days (80 hours) per year of sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus 11 federal holidays
- Membership to Modern Health to help employees prioritize mental health and wellness
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Find out more about our Benefits and Perks
- Work in Uptown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants and walking distance to Lake Merritt
- Flexible work-from-home days on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Enjoy a wide variety of snacks and beverages in the Oakland office
- Bond over company-wide out-of-the-box events and fun activities with your team
- Time off for company-sponsored volunteer events and 4 paid hours per quarter to volunteer at a charitable organization of your choice
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- One of Wealthfront’s 2021 Career Launching Companies, and ranked #2 on the “2022 Bay Area Best Places to Work” list by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal
- One of Fast Company’s World's Most Innovative Companies for 2022 and proud contributor of “Everlaw for Good”
Pursue Truth While Finding Yours
At Everlaw, we are deeply invested in pursuing the truth, for our clients and for our employees. We know that when you’re empowered to pursue your passions, it is reflected in the work. That’s why we’re committed to the professional growth of all our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular career check-ins with managers. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you!
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity, including the California Equal Pay Act. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Everlaw requires all of its employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies. If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine, unless you have received a medical or religious exemption.
We collect and process the personal information you provided along with your job application in accordance with our Applicants Privacy Notice and Notice at Collection.