Envoy’s workplace platform has redefined how companies welcome visitors, improve the onsite experience, book desks and meeting rooms, manage deliveries, and access accurate and unified workplace data in 16,000 locations around the globe by designing products that solve common workplace problems.
Envoy provides a simple way to manage your complex safety, security, and compliance needs across all your workplace locations—wherever you need to bring people together.
Rely on smart, automated solutions to common workplace problems, like freeing up unused space and eliminating repetitive tasks. Not only does this allow you to make the most efficient use of your space and resources, it frees up your team’s time to focus on the work that matters.
With Envoy’s intuitive technology that employees actually enjoy using, you can create a great workplace experience that fosters community and togetherness by making it easy for teams to coordinate working onsite.
Unlike companies that offer disconnected workplace solutions and disparate (and often imprecise) data sources, Envoy’s platform provides accurate, comprehensive, and unified workplace data so you can make informed business decisions. Envoy’s integrated solutions pull data from multiple sources to ensure that you always have the most accurate data available.
For more information, visit Envoy.com.
About the Role
This is an individual contributor role and requires a hands-on, detail-minded, critical thinking approach to the financial operations of the Company and has great communication skills to resolve questions about commissions, sales tax, revenue, and accounts payable.
This is a hybrid position that requires at least 3 days a week (Tuesday - Thursday) in our San Francisco HQ.
Month End Close
- Assist in the month-end close process, ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting. Prepare and post journal entries, review general ledger accounts, and reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Trial Balance and Supporting Schedules: Compile and maintain the trial balance, as well as prepare detailed supporting schedules for various accounts. Analyze and investigate any discrepancies or irregularities found during the process.
- General Ledger (GL) Responsibilities: Maintain the integrity of the general ledger, oversee chart of accounts, and ensure accurate recording of financial transactions.
- Collaborate with the sales team to accurately calculate and process commissions for sales representatives based on established commission plans.
- Prepare, calculate, and analyze the monthly commissions payout in accordance to Envoy’s monthly/quarterly cadence.
- Address and resolve commission-related inquiries and disputes from sales representatives promptly and professionally.
- Support internal and external audits related to commission payments and ensure compliance with commission policies and regulations.
- Continuously assess commission processes and systems, identifying opportunities for efficiency gains and implementing improvements to streamline operations.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date commission data, including sales performance metrics, commission rates, and other relevant information.
- Play a key role in maintaining sales and use tax billing integration calculation drivers (ie addresses and exemption certificates), invoicing implications, and reporting requirements internally and externally to facilitate filings and compliance accordingly through Avalara
- Assist in the development and implementation of sales tax policies and procedures.
- Prepare and file accurate and timely sales tax returns across various jurisdictions.
- Collaborate with other departments and stakeholders to ensure accurate tax information.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current sales tax laws and regulations.
- Reconcile sales tax payable accounts to the general ledger.
- Assist in the revenue recognition process in compliance with ASC 606, including the management of deferred revenue, revenue and accounts receivables.
- Resolve any revenue-related inquiries and discrepancies.
- Be a key contributor in the accounts payable process, including reviewing vendor contracts, managing vendor records, coding and posting invoices, securing sufficient support and approval for invoices.
- Act as a primary point of contact, internally and externally, to address all vendor and employee expense inquiries.
- Review and process employee expense reports in accordance with the business travel and expense policies and approval matrices.
- Prepare annual filings for Form 1099.
- Timely resolve any issues identified with proper level of management to timely review, investigate and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Prepare and review monthly/ quarterly fluctuation analysis over income statement, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Support internal and external audit processes
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with public accounting or in a fast-growing company
- Experience working at a publicly-traded company preferred
- CPA required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, NetSuite, Sage Intacct, Bill.com, Airbase, CaptivateIQ, Avalara
- Familiar with ASC 340-40 and ASC 606 compliance
- Experience in SaaS environment preferred
- Advanced accounting knowledge base with a strong interest in expanding the skill set.
- The ability to work independently and follow tasks through to completion and meet commitments, proactively, seeking guidance as necessary.
- Appreciate the value of working in a team with the ability to collaborate with peers and colleagues across the company.
- Ability to proactively identify challenges and actively work to find solutions.
- Critical thinking skills and the capability to translate concepts into next steps and ideas.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- High energy level with a hands-on approach combined with the ability to provide leadership and structure in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- An exceptional writer and spoken communicator
- Highly organized & autonomous
- Comfortable and energized operating in a fast moving organization
- Passionate about our product and working with Enterprise sized businesses
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated
- Consultative with demonstrable experience
- Enthusiastic about learning and growing at Envoy
- Intellectually curious and ambitious
- A high degree of trust in your ideas and execution
- An opportunity to partner and collaborate with other talented people
- An inclusive community where you feel welcomed and cared for as a person
- The ability to make an immediate impact helping customers create a great workplace experience
- Support for your personal and professional growth
Envoy's compensation package includes market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, and great benefits. If you are located in San Francisco Bay Area, our expected cash compensation for this role is $111K-$131K (Annually). We are hiring for multiple levels and backgrounds, so final offers may vary within the range provided based on experience, expertise, and other factors.
If you have any questions related to compensation, please contact Recruiting after you apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have fully read and understand the job requirements and received the Envoy Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Envoy to process your application. Envoy is an EEO Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.