Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Envoy is transforming modern workplaces for flexible work to bring people together so they can connect, collaborate, and thrive. Envoy’s workplace platform has redefined how companies welcome visitors, improve the employee experience, book desks and conference rooms, and manage deliveries in 16,000 locations around the globe by designing products for a flexible workplace experience. Companies like Slack, Pinterest, and Warby Parker rely on Envoy to create an unrivaled first impression and keep their offices secure and compliant. We are proudly backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Menlo Ventures, Initialized Capital, Brookfield Growth, and many others.
With more than 150,000 new sign-ins every day, Envoy Visitors creates a warm welcome for guests while safeguarding people, property, and ideas. Envoy Desks gives employees the flexibility to reserve a desk for the days they are in the office and helps them collaborate with teammates by coordinating on-site schedules. Envoy Rooms provides a simple solution to book meeting rooms and free up unused space. Envoy Deliveries ensures packages reach their recipients without mailroom pile-ups. Envoy Connect combines hospitality with security to welcome visitors in multi-tenant buildings. Our workplace platform is designed to connect to workplace tools you already use and new apps built by developers that will shape the future of work.
Our motto is to challenge the status quo, and we like to innovate fast to help our customers create workplaces people love. If this world sounds exciting, we’d love for you to help us build the workplace of the future.
About the Role
We strive to be a top-notch engineering organization with a great culture and have the same high standards with our code, systems, practices, and people. We value learning and growth. Look to hire diverse, well-rounded, communicative people we can trust.
We are looking for exceptional engineers to join our growing team at Envoy. We love to drive innovation in the workplace through hack projects. If you’re looking to challenge the status quo and build the Office OS, come join us.
This is not a remote position. The ideal candidate will need to be onsite & able to participate in hybrid work.
- The ideal candidate will be able to design and implement Cloud-based solutions that meet the needs of our business. This includes designing and deploying services in the cloud.
- The ideal candidate will be able to manage and maintain our Kubernetes infrastructure. This includes optimizing cluster resource usage, implementing cluster monitoring, and troubleshooting Kubernetes issues.
- The ideal candidate will work with other engineers to develop and implement Kubernetes best practices. This includes developing and implementing policies and procedures for managing Kubernetes clusters, and developing and implementing tools and frameworks for managing Kubernetes clusters.
- The ideal candidate will provide technical leadership and guidance to junior engineers. This includes mentoring junior engineers, providing technical training to junior engineers, and providing technical support to junior engineers.
- The ideal candidate will be able to manage and maintain our AWS infrastructure using Terraform. This includes provisioning and managing AWS resources, automating AWS infrastructure changes, and monitoring AWS infrastructure performance.
- The ideal candidate will be on call to respond to incidents and outages. This includes being able to identify and resolve incidents, being able to communicate with customers and stakeholders during incidents, and being able to document incidents and outages.
- The ideal candidate will be a team player and contribute to a positive work environment. This includes being willing to help out other team members, being willing to take on new challenges, and being willing to learn new things.
- 5+ years of experience with cloud platforms. e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP
- 1+ years of experience in design, implementation, and maintenance of Kubernetes clusters.
- 3+ Experience with terraform
- Experience with container orchestration tools such as Docker and Swarm.
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools such as Prometheus and Datadog.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) tools such as Github Actions and Circle CI.
- Experience with code version control and management tools such as Git.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
Nice to have
- Experience offering security training
- Experience with security compliance audits
- Experience with DBs - SQL / NoSQL
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment
- A high degree of trust in your ideas and execution
- An opportunity to partner and collaborate with other talented people
- An inclusive community where you feel welcomed and cared for as a person
- The ability to make an immediate impact helping customers create a great workplace experience
- Support for your personal and professional growth
Envoy's compensation package includes market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, and great benefits. If you are located in San Francisco Bay Area, our expected cash compensation for this role is $170K-$200K (Annually). We are considering various backgrounds, so final offers may vary within the range provided based on experience, expertise, and other factors.
If you have any questions related to compensation, please contact Recruiting after you apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have fully read and understand the job requirements and received the Envoy Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Envoy to process your application. Envoy is an EEO Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.
Something looks off?