Manager, Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer
Envoy is transforming modern workplaces for flexible work to bring people together so they can connect, collaborate, and thrive. Envoy’s workplace platform has redefined how companies welcome visitors, improve the employee experience, book desks and conference rooms, and manage deliveries in 16,000 locations around the globe by designing products for a flexible workplace experience. Companies like Slack, Pinterest, and Warby Parker rely on Envoy to create an unrivaled first impression and keep their offices secure and compliant. We are proudly backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Menlo Ventures, Initialized Capital, Brookfield Growth, and many others.
With more than 150,000 new sign-ins every day, Envoy Visitors creates a warm welcome for guests while safeguarding people, property, and ideas. Envoy Desks gives employees the flexibility to reserve a desk for the days they are in the office and helps them collaborate with teammates by coordinating on-site schedules. Envoy Rooms provides a simple solution to book meeting rooms and free up unused space. Envoy Deliveries ensures packages reach their recipients without mailroom pile-ups. Envoy Connect combines hospitality with security to welcome visitors in multi-tenant buildings. Our workplace platform is designed to connect to workplace tools you already use and new apps built by developers that will shape the future of work.
Our motto is to challenge the status quo, and we like to innovate fast to help our customers create workplaces people love. If this world sounds exciting, we’d love for you to help us build the workplace of the future.
About the Role
We are looking for someone to manage our pre-sales Solutions Engineering team for the US region and withhold the structure, organization, and strategic execution required to ensure customer happiness while advancing product development and security. The Solutions Engineering team is multifaceted at Envoy and includes elements of sales engineering, API development, support escalations, and world-class enterprise customer support. This function is measured from a revenue perspective in addition to feedback from internal cross-functional teams and customers. You will be responsible for prioritizing work across the team while supporting each team member's professional development as they grow their technical and customer-facing skill sets. While the team remains small, your workload will be split between IC and management responsibilities.
This is not a remote position. The ideal candidate will need to be onsite & able to participate in hybrid work.
- Build a world-class team: Hire, coach, and develop the team.
- Create raving fans: Ensure our customers always have a great experience and augment other teams/projects with SE involvement
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering from a management perspective to help translate customer needs into a better overall product; recognize trends in customer feedback, and escalate issues within Envoy
- Actively manage account health: Monitor and improve tracking solutions to be proactive during the sales cycle to detect at-risk and low-engagement accounts
- Keep Envoy on top: Leverage the expertise of the team to keep Envoy’s competitive edge in the market and win strategic accounts
- A track record of high performance and innovation in previous Solutions roles
- Been extremely hands-on with training and leveling up individual team members in the past
- An intellectually curious mindset that is constantly driving you to learn the latest technologies, engineering practices, and customer-facing skills
- A desire to be data-driven in your decision-making to ensure your team is working on the highest-impact projects and initiatives
- A proven ability to operate in a customer-focused environment and advocate for customers across a cross-functional organization
- 1+ years of management or leadership experience or active mentoring
- 5+ years of experience in developing technical solutions to solve complex problems
- 4+ years of experience in interfacing with clients, customers, or end-users
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- Naturally quantitative
- A high-quality mentor with proven growth results in mentees
- Ahead of industry trends and methodologies and are constantly looking to better your game through new technologies and learnings.
- Passionate about technology solutions and finding ways to automate mundane tasks.
- Exude our values
Nice to have
- Ruby on Rails intermediary understanding.
- Experience working for a SaaS startup.
- Experience with support tools and platforms like Intercom, SQL visualization tools, and common SaaS tools like Salesforce, Asana, etc.
- Understanding Net Promoter Score (NPS), Customer Satisfaction (CSAT), and standard drivers.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL with the ability to query data for reporting and/or troubleshooting purposes
- Firsthand experience working in an environment where mobile or cloud-based applications are developed.
- Advanced knowledge of web development technology.
- A high degree of trust in your ideas and execution
- An opportunity to partner and collaborate with other talented people
- An inclusive community where you feel welcomed and cared for as a person
- The ability to make an immediate impact helping customers create a great workplace experience
- Support for your personal and professional growth
Envoy's compensation package includes market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, and great benefits. If you are located in the New York City area, our expected cash compensation for this role is $167K-$196K OTE. We are considering various backgrounds, so final offers may vary within the range provided based on experience, expertise, and other factors.
If you have any questions related to compensation, please contact Recruiting after you apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have fully read and understand the job requirements and received the Envoy Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Envoy to process your application. Envoy is an EEO Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.
Something looks off?