Senior Software Engineer
Stratford-upon-Avon CV37, UK
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Do you want to help design new ways of processing Enterprise scale data at speed, learn leading edge technologies, work on complex big-data algorithms, shape processes into a growing engineering organisation, all while helping to scale a Series C rocket ship to the next level?
Then welcome to Enable 🚀
What is Enable:
Enable is the SaaS rebate management platform that drives trusted relationships between B2B trading partners. We create money for our customers by providing them with the technology solutions to automatically detect and report on rebate due. Customers configure their deals, Enable ingests and process all their sales transactions, allowing them to find rebates they are owed that they would otherwise have missed.
All this has major challenges, we process enormous amounts of data in very short time frames, performing billions of calculations per customer and storing it all in Enterprise scale databases. We provide customers with reporting, deal editing and collaboration capabilities. There are no standard techniques for doing this, we are the market leader, and we create new solutions every day.
We launched our flagship product in 2016 and have raised $276m to date in Series A, B, C & D funding. We are continually growing our client base, product portfolio and hyper-talented team.
What our day looks like:
• Working as part of an enthusiastic, fast paced and motivated agile engineering team that takes pride in delivering high-quality SaaS products.
• Continually developing and improving our code and technologies.
• Helping to shape and design new products and features.
• Pairing with senior engineers to improve knowledge, and helping up-skill more junior engineers.
• Keeping our customers happy by writing high quality code and creating user friendly platforms.
• Sharing our knowledge and experience to help drive forward improvements.
All about You:
Do you want to grow your expertise and experience and use your skills in a vibrant environment where teamwork, creativity, diversity, inclusivity, and technical excellence are expected and enjoyed? We are seeking someone who is eager to take their software engineering career to the next level.
This is an exciting role that offers a competitive remuneration package with excellent career and growth prospects. An opportunity to join and help grow an organisation that is using modern technology to positively impact people and businesses all over the globe. You will work collaboratively with other software engineers, from associates to principals, applying your technical and problem-solving capabilities to scale our applications.
You’ll contribute to our high-quality software engineering practices, be immersed in the full product engineering process, contributing to technical design, implementation, testing, deployment, and ongoing support and maintenance of our software. By going above and beyond implementing new features, we focus on customer experience, building high-quality, secure, and scalable software. You’ll use your full range of skills and further develop them and those of your colleagues, including:
• Full-stack code development.
• Pair and mob-programming.
• Peer code reviews.
• Modern architecture design.
• Continuous integration and automated production deployments.
• Application health and availability monitoring.
• Software design patterns driving robustness, scalability, and performance.
• Application security and secure coding practices.
We want all our people to be whoever they want to be and are committed to creating a truly inclusive culture at Enable. We believe that bringing your full authentic self to work helps us to build the best quality software, and by creating a truly diverse workforce we bring innovation into everything we do.
Skills and Experience:
This is a technical role focused on the development of our SaaS products suited to a well-rounded Engineer. Code development is a small part of our Engineers’ responsibilities and you’ll be expected to contribute to all areas of our Engineering work including product and feature design, leading and mentoring, and helping us to continually improve.
You’ll have solid professional experience as a software engineer, preferably in Cloud-based SAAS products. Ideally you’ll have at least 3 years of experience here, but we focus on skill and ability, not tenure.
• Architecture design. Experience using some of these; microservices, event-driven scalable architecture, and vertical slices.
• Coding. At least two languages, one compiled/object orientated programming and one scripting. C# .NET is currently our core language and experience of that is preferred but not essential.
• Front-end frameworks. Experience in frameworks like; Angular, Blazor, React and/or Typescript.
• Databases. Experience of SQL, NoSQL. We use SQL Server and Cosmos, but others like Aurora, Postgres, MongoDB and Cassandra are acceptable. Enterprise scale data store knowledge is a bonus
• Web. Experience of HTTP. Experience of web acceleration, HTTP/2 and performance through CDN, Cache, and Load Balancers is a bonus.
• Software tooling. GIT, CI/CD, deployment tools like Octopus, infrastructure as code and other DevOps practices.
• Cloud. We are Azure hosted and experience of this is a strong preference. However other Cloud platforms like AWS/GCP are acceptable.
• Docker and/or Kubernetes containerisation.
• Big Data processing. We process enterprise scale volumes of data. Having experience of ways of working with these for example parallel processing, BI systems, Data lakes, is a bonus
We are a hybrid-working engineering team, with a relaxed and fun culture. Our office is in Stratford-upon-Avon, a short walk from the town and its train station. We have on-site car parking available to staff, along with free Electric Vehicle charge points. We are also a pet friendly office!
In addition to a competitive salary, Enable offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Flexible and hybrid working
• Pension contributions, life insurance and private medical care scheme
• Employee equity scheme and colleague bonus plan
• Quarterly personal-wellness budget
• Cycle to work scheme and electric vehicle scheme
• Regular social events
• Free lunches, snacks, and drinks
• Significant investment in skills development and training
• Enhanced Family Friendly Policy (Maternity pay, Adoption and Paternity leave)
• 25 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays
• Join any of our 5 DEI work streams that are helping to shape how we can continue to support and celebrate our people, truly embodying our key value of "We Succeed Together".
Do you need any reasonable adjustments throughout the interview process? Our Talent team will be happy to support you in the best way possible if you feel comfortable raising this. If you have any questions about any of the policies we have in place to support our employees just let our Talent team know.
Enable Global Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Enable complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Enable expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Enable employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.