Lead Product Counsel
About the role
At Chime Financial, we are reinventing how people bank. We are seeking a Lead Product Counsel with financial services experience to join our Product and Payments Legal team. - someone who enjoys dealing with a variety of financial regulations. We are looking for someone who can provide product counseling on lending, credit, and deposits products on our Chime Legal team in San Francisco. Reporting to our Senior Managing Counsel, you will work closely with product, marketing, compliance, engineering, and operations teams to support the company’s efforts to deliver innovative and customer-focused products, while managing legal risks, ensuring regulatory compliance, and enabling scalable growth.
The role requires good judgment, succinct communication, and excellent relationship-building skills. This is an important role with an opportunity to join a close-knit legal team at a growing company, and work on cutting edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. We are a hybrid office in San Francisco, and will also consider remote applicants.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $168,570 and up to 238,900.00. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Partner with cross functional teams to understand product, engineering, design, and operational implications of new products or features, and educate our teams on developments associated with the financial services industry, bank partnerships, and various new business initiatives
- Review new products and features from early stages of development through launch by assessing legal risks while providing practical legal and compliance advice
- Provide timely, concise, and business-focused legal advice on applicable federal and state laws that affect our product offerings
- Remain up to date on relevant industry, consumer protection, and other applicable laws and regulations
- Engage and manage outside counsel to represent Chime effectively and efficiently
- Work collegially and supportively with other members of a high-functioning legal team and cross-functional teams
To thrive in this role, you have
- 5+ years of combined law firm, government, and/or in-house experience
- Familiarity with product counseling, the financial technology industry, and/or legal issues related to fintechs, banks, and bank partnership programs
- Prior experience counseling on banking-related products through the entire product lifecycle and/or experience working closely with product management, design, risk, and marketing teams
- Ability to assess a legal issue, understand its implications, and communicate succinctly with teammates and stakeholders
- Ability to use outside counsel strategically and efficiently
- Demonstrated ability as an organized, detailed oriented team-player, with a curiosity and willingness to take on any project no matter how big or small
- JD from an accredited law school and you are a member of a US state bar in good standing.
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
💰 Competitive salary based on experience
✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
Something looks off?