Staff Software Engineer
About the Role
Chime is looking for a Staff Engineer to architect & modernize Move Money. Move money's mission is to make access to your money reliable, fast, low-cost, and surprisingly great. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a team of engineers and work with a strong cross functional team passionate about making Mobile Check Deposit features highly available, reliable and smooth. You will work across and with teams at Chime to ensure that the product works seamlessly for the member's needs. You will own projects from end-to-end by influencing decision making, mentor engineers, be the role model, leading others in designing elegant code and build and support architecture that scales to meet Chime's growing needs.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $188,600 and up to $267,100. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Work with engineering and product leadership to architect a durable platform
- Contribute to the company-level discovery, vetting and decision-making on critical architecture and technology
- Architect, design, develop, test, experiment and scale product capabilities along with mobile team that power the member facing app
- Ensure that technical decisions support our quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security goals
- Deliver secure, reliable, and high-performance infrastructure and APIs
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to understand member pain points and come up with solutions
- Proactively identify opportunities for improving the reliability and scalability of our systems
- Identify and resolve bottlenecks in our software infrastructure
- As needed, play the role of Team Lead during the course of a project
- Mentor and guide a across team of engineers to improve and uphold high technical standards
To thrive in this role, you have
- 8+ years of experience in backend/enterprise application development
- Previously built and evolved high-scale back-end solutions
- Experienced in leading & successfully delivering complex large scale solutions
- Strong competency in distributed systems, event-driven patterns, streaming, high availability design
- Strong knowledge of public cloud and cloud-native architecture
- Language and technology stack-agnostic mindset
- Ability to work in agile setting
- Proven experience with Ruby on Rails or comparable frameworks
- Enjoyment in learning and diving into the deepest levels of product development
- Start-up experience as an added plus
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $14.5B. We've raised over $1B in funding from leading investors including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
Something looks off?