Director of Product Marketing, Credit
About the Role
We are hiring for a Product Marketing Director focussed on our spending and credit portfolio of products. In this role, you will oversee the product marketing strategy, planning and marketing execution of our current and future card products. This senior leader will work closely with cross-functional partners and leaders across Product, Design, Biz Ops, Strategy, Marketing and more. The Director of Product Marketing will oversee high-impact go-to-market planning and execution ranging from top-of-funnel awareness campaigns down to lower-funnel conversion campaigns.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $168,570 and up to $238,900. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Lead, coach and grow a team of product and lifecycle marketers.
- Partner closely with our Insights, User Research, Product and Strategy teams to understand our members needs and the broader competitive landscape.
- Craft and drive go-to-market strategies for new and existing product initiatives across cards and credit including: Audience definition, product positioning, comms architecture, and launch strategy.
- Lead planning, and execution of go-to-market plans working closely with Product, Design, Paid Acquisition, Social, Content, Lifecycle, and PR.
- Ensure alignment on product positioning and comms architecture across all channels including Marketing, Member Services, and Product.
- Take a data-driven approach to campaign strategy focusing investments on the most impactful outcomes and specific KPIs.
- Think strategically, influence and shape the future roadmap and landscape of credit products for Chime
To thrive in this role, you have
- BS/BA in Marketing, Business or related field
- 10-15 years managing end-to-end product marketing at a consumer banking, fintech or innovative, fast-paced consumer brand
- Proven, significant management experience in the B2C credit card and/or financial services industry
- The ability to think as a General Manager with an ownership mentality, understanding and influence all parts of a credit card member experience and P&L
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable analyzing and using business performance metrics, KPIs, ability to pivot when the data tells you
- A results-driven mindset, with a passion for using data to build campaigns that solve business problems, advance our brand narrative, and resonate with our member base
- Strong communication skills and ability to quickly establish and grow cross-functional relationships at senior levels and across multiple organizations
- An out-of-the-box perspective and ready to get creative, challenge the status quo and take risks growing a consumer brand to the next level
- The ability to develop and implement processes to scale the product and lifecycle marketing function to succeed in a high-growth and fast-paced environment
A little about us
At Chime, we believe that everyone can achieve financial progress. We’re passionate about developing solutions and services to empower people to succeed. Every day, we start with empathy for our members and stay motivated by our desire to support them in ways that make a meaningful difference.
We created Chime—a financial technology company, not a bank*-- founded on the premise that basic banking services should be helpful, transparent, and fair. Chime helps unlock the access and ability our members need to overcome the systemic barriers that block them from moving forward. By providing members with access to liquidity, rewards, and credit building, our easy-to-use tools and intuitive platforms give members the ability to have more control over their money and to take action toward achieving their financial ambitions.
So far, we’re well-loved by our members and proud to have helped millions of people unlock financial progress, whether they started a savings account, bought their first car or home, opened a business, or went to college. Every day, we’re inspired by our members’ dreams and successes, big and small.
We’re uniting everyday people to unlock their financial progress—will you join us?
*Chime partners with The Bancorp Bank and Stride Bank, N.A., Members FDIC, that power the bank accounts used by Chime Members.
What we offer
💰 Competitive salary based on experience
✨ 401k match plus great medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
🫂 1% of your time off to support local community organizations of your choice
🧠 Mental health support with therapy and coaching through Modern Health
👶 16 weeks of paid parental leave for all parents and an additional 6-8 weeks for birthing parents
👪 Access to Maven, a family planning tool, with up to $10k in reimbursement for egg freezing, fertility treatments, adoption, and more.
💻 Hybrid work perks, like UrbanSitter and Kinside for backup child, elder and/or pet care, as well as a subsidized commuter benefit
🏢 A thoughtful hybrid work policy that combines in-office days and trips to team and company-wide events depending on location to ensure you stay connected to your work and teammates, whether you’re local to one of our offices or remote
🎉 In-person and virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers—think cooking classes, guided meditations, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help millions unlock financial progress
We know that great work can’t be done without a diverse team and inclusive environment. That’s why we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas to join our team. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Cook County Ordinance, and consistent with Canadian provincial and federal laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.