Strategic Finance Lead, Marketing & Growth
About the Role
We’re seeking a Strategic Finance Lead to join the Growth & Marketing Finance team at Chime. We partner with the business on growth, strategic planning, and performance measurement on a day-to-day basis. Our role is to provide data-driven actionable insights to facilitate investment decisions and channel strategies.
As we expand our business, we continue to evolve our growth and marketing strategy. As a leader with vision on our team, you will be responsible for partnering with the Marketing organization to build a strong measurement & investment framework. We seek versatile problem solvers who can structure and analyze a variety of business problems. We also value those who can lead cross-functional projects from conceptualization to strategy and implementation.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $146,610 and up to $207,700. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Investment Approach: Support strategy discussions on spend allocation and impact measurement between Finance and Marketing leadership
- Budget Tracking: Track campaign- & product-level testing and incentives spend, manage marketing opex (inclusive of headcount) and vendor optimization in collaboration with Marketing Enablement Ops and Strategic Procurement
- Target Setting: Establish KPI framework for marketing channels and campaigns. Set and monitor KPI targets, OKRs, and efficiency goals (eg ROAS, LTV:CAC)
- Return on Investment Evaluation: Develop ROI calculation methodologies with DS and Marketing, and lead holistic campaign reviews - accounting for qualitative and quantitative impacts
- Reporting: Support weekly reporting needs across Marketing and Growth orgs as well as monthly performance reviews
- Analytical Deep Dives: Conduct deep dives into business trends and drivers of variance. Independently lead data extraction, cohort analysis, visualization, and presentation
- Long Range Planning: Partner with Marketing and Product orgs to develop strategy to unlock long term sustainable growth
To thrive in this role, you have
- 8+ years of relevant business and finance experience. Ideally you have a mix of financial planning, management consulting, and/or analytics experience at high-growth technology or financial technology startup
- Familiarity with marketing channels and KPIs, acquisition funnel analysis, campaign effectiveness evaluation
- Experience working within marketing ecosystem (e.g., media agency, content providers, or brands)
- Technical expertise. You can build scalable, efficient, and intuitive models with ease; experience with Looker, SQL a plus
- Ability to work and influence cross-functionally. You will collaborate and connect with critical team members, cross-functional partners and senior leadership on a weekly basis
- Strong communication skills with audiences at various levels. You enjoy working with large data sets and synthesizing it into a story with recommendations
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.