Scholarship Operations Manager, Chime Scholars Foundation
About the role
The Chime Scholars Foundation is a separate corporate foundation and a key part of the overarching mission and goals of Chime Financial’s social impact and community-building efforts. The team is hiring a Scholarship Operations Manager to oversee the Chime Scholars Foundation’s scholarship administration process while enhancing program data tracking and reporting. Reporting to the head of the Chime Scholars Foundation, the ideal Manager will have a background working with or in a higher-education financial aid office and experience working with a CRM system to track and report data. The Manager should have an understanding of and passion for the higher education sector and a desire to be part of the movement to eliminate inequities in higher education access and success. The Manager will play a pivotal role in the success and growth of the Chime Scholars Program.
Community is a critical source of financial peace of mind, and Chime believes in strengthening the communities we are in. Chime pursues a multidimensional approach that includes philanthropy, sponsorships, and volunteerism.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $103,680 and up to $144,000. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Scholarship Management (60%)
- Manage and serve as the expert on the end-to-end process for the solution cycle, including discovery, application, scoring and evaluation, selection, and disbursement, including renewals, tracking of students, and reporting
- Oversee the customer service function for students and parents on scholarship application, disbursement, renewal, etc.; maintains FAQ resources
- Work closely with nonprofit partners and technology vendors that are a part of scholarship operations, including Salesforce and Foundation Source
- Work with financial aid offices during the verification process to determine funding eligibility, transcripts and troubleshoot disbursement issues
- Manage scholarship grant budget, including partner support grants
- Database Management and Reporting (30%)
- Maintain and continue to develop CRM (Salesforce)
- Manage program data tracking and reporting
- Co-design and execute scholar and partner surveys in Salesforce
- Create template reports and dashboards in Salesforce
- Work closely with leadership and communications to develop an annual impact report
- Industry Research (10%)
- Create and maintain a system to track key industry trends
- Assist leadership with research projects
To thrive in this role, you have
- Passion for student success in higher education
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree and at least five years of relevant experience in higher-education financial aid or scholarship program operations
- Demonstrated database management skills, preferably with Salesforce
- Strong technical, data tracking, analytical skills, and experience designing and administering survey instruments and tracking outcomes data (e.g., familiarity with MS Excel, CRMs)
- Ability to work autonomously and willingness to roll up sleeves to solve challenging problems directly
- Strong project management skills with the ability to align and integrate various projects, resources, and stakeholders
- Ability to think creatively and work strategically
- Willing to work on-site at a San Francisco-based office a minimum of three (3) days per week
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.