Senior Associate, Compliance Governance and Assurance
About the role
We are hiring a Senior Compliance Associate to join our Compliance team within the Governance and Assurance pillar. As a Senior Compliance Associate, you’ll advise in operationalizing compliance requirements by reviewing and advising on end-to-end product and/or process launches as it relates to Chime’s products and services . You’ll work with internal teams (first and second line of defense) as well as with our issuing bank partners’ legal and compliance teams, to facilitate quality and innovative compliance risk management solutions. You’ll work with internal and external partners to review, advise and launch innovative products, services, and/or processes at Chime.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $103,680.00 and up to $144,000.00. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Advise partners on operationalizing compliance requirements within day to day activities and product offerings related to credit, lending, and deposit accounts..
- Conduct compliance reviews for member-facing content and experiences.
- Create and review compliance guidance, including policies, and publish to shared spaces.
- Demonstrate advisory and experience with consumer laws and regulations related to banking products to ensure Chime’s adherence and compliance with, but not limited to, the Truth In Lending Act (Regulation Z), Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP), Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Regulation E), Truth in Savings Act (Regulation DD), NACHA, and VISA Operating Standards as well as state-specific rules and regulations.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
To thrive in this role, you have
- 6 or more years of experience in banking, credit, lending or deposits, or equivalent experience in consumer compliance roles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key regulations including but not limited to: UDAAP, Truth in Savings Act (Reg DD), NACHA compliance, TILA (Reg Z), VISA Operating Standards, Electronic Funds Transfers (Reg E), and FCRA.
- Experience with regulations and industry guidelines applicable to payments, lending, and/or deposit accounts.
- Experience advising stakeholders on applicable consumer compliance laws and regulations.
- Experience researching, interpreting, and applying banking rules, regulations, and industry standards practices.
- Experience advising on control design and execution.
- A desire to collaborate and have the ability to influence both your colleagues and external partners to achieve consensus on regulatory risk issues and appropriate mitigation.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to come up with solutions to issues, with minimal oversight from your leadership team.
- A creative mind for finding solutions that ensure the best experience for our members.
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.