Senior Software Engineer, Ruby
About the role
Chime is looking for a team-oriented senior engineer eager to build our core messaging and low latency data-sharing platforms, which serve as the backbone for information exchange between Chime services.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $167,200 and up to $232,200. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Build platforms and libraries that are highly reliable and scalable.
- Collaborate optimally with other technology teams and architects to solve sophisticated problems spanning their respective areas.
- Work closely with infrastructure engineering to minimize the operational overhead of platform services.
- Be an advisor to other engineering teams and work with them to find solutions to their communication and data-sharing needs.
To thrive in this role, you have
- An understanding of common asynchronous and synchronous messaging and data sharing patterns (publisher/subscriber, RPC, caching, etc.).
- Comfort with Ruby, Go as a bonus.
- Some knowledge of AWS services.
- Exposure to architectural patterns used in large, mission-critical production services.
- Have worked in continuous integration/deployment environments.
- Shipped multiple production systems as part of a team.
- The desire to tackle interesting and complex problems and see them through to completion.
- A community-oriented mindset and a passion for supporting internal engineering customers.
- Excellent communication skills.
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.