Manager, Digital Marketing Strategy
About the Role
Chime is seeking a dynamic leader to join our marketing team as the Manager, Web Strategy. In this role you will define and drive Chime’s website strategy, leading the creation of compelling website experiences that attract, inspire, engage, and convert prospective customers. This role requires a high level of collaboration with teams to plan and deliver seamless web experiences across the customer journey.
An ideal candidate has a track record of leading the strategy and execution of complex, cross-functional web programs in a results-driven environment. You have a data-driven mindset, lead with a customer-centric approach, take an analytic approach to problem solving and have a strong understanding of what data drives impact.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $116,100 and up to $161,300. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In This Role, You Can Expect To
- Lead the web strategy, including development of landing page experiences, conversion rate optimization (CRO), testing and experimentation, App Store Optimization (ASO), and UX enhancements that drive acquisition, conversion, and retention.
- Build and develop a team of hard-working marketers, providing mentorship and championing their career growth.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Engineering, Creative, and Product teams to create site experiences for campaigns, product initiatives, tests, and always-on programs, ensuring accurate messaging, timing, and capabilities needed to execute.
- Drive continuous performance improvement through the development of an ongoing web experience roadmap aligned to short-term and long-term opportunities.
- Analyze and monitor page performance and user behavior across site landing pages, generate data-driven hypotheses that inform strategies and uncover areas of opportunity to improve the user experience.
- Develop a deep understanding of our members and site visitors through data, insights, and cross-functional partnerships (Analytics, Engineering, and Consumer Insights). Leverage those insights to inform site strategy.
- Partner with Analytics to establish a clear measurement framework, define KPIs, track and analyze website performance, and manage forecasts.
- Collaborate with the Content Marketing team on SEO initiatives and content opportunities that improve website visibility and performance.
- Manage and lead strategy for App Store Optimization, collaborating with cross-functional teams to build integrated plans that improve CTR, SEO, installs, and conversion.
- Leverage personalization capabilities to create digital experiences aligned to audiences and channels.
- Establish systems of governance, standards, technical requirements, and define resources needed to implement site strategies.
- Develop, refine, and implement web optimization and experimentation processes that drive team efficiency.
To Thrive In This Role, You Have
- 5+ years experience leading integrated web strategy and complex web programs at a tech, consumer finance or innovative, consumer brand.
- Strong leadership presence with ability to lead, influence, and direct projects and processes across multiple teams.
- Experience using data and insights to inform requirements, ideas, and strategies with hands-on experience with web tools including CMS (Wordpress), A/B testing tools (Optimizely), site analytics (Google Analytics) and business intelligence tools.
- Adept at leading hypothesis-driven A/B tests, experiment design, and running experiments at scale.
- Demonstrated understanding of SEO fundamentals and the interaction between site architecture and content to deliver organic traffic performance.
- Experience managing campaigns in both Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to articulate strategies and plans to a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously from strategy to execution.
- Experience developing a team of direct and indirect reports of varying career levels.
- Ability to adapt and thrive within the fast pace and ambiguity of a growth organization
A Little About Us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What We Offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.