Principal Engineering Product Manager, Banking Platform
About the role
As a Principal Engineering Product Manager on the Banking Platform team, you'll be responsible for developing strategies and roadmaps, setting vision and goals, and defining functional requirements to ensure the successful implementation and operation of our platform with current and future Chime products. This underlying platform enables core capabilities for account and balances management for card transactions, peer to peer money movements, ACH, and money transfers that will serve all of Chime’s future products and accounts. Your focus will be on further enhancing this platform to allow for rapid creation of new products at Chime. You will drive discovery, awareness, and alignment on new features with a focus on developer experience and operation at scale.. You'll partner with Engineering, Consumer Product, External Vendors, Infrastructure, Security, Machine Learning, Banking, and other cross-functional partners to prioritize work based on impact and drive solid execution.
Our team is seeking a person with a strong technical background and experience defining and developing the software to operate, abstract, and access banking and money movement services. Importantly, you thrive on building something new.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $167,200 and up to $232,200. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Lead definition of a strategic roadmap that accelerates usage and adoption of innovative new banking and money movement products
- Collaborate with technical, product, compliance, and operations leaders across Chime to learn and understand their requirements, manage dependencies, plan for future needs, influence priorities and drive execution
- Serve as product leader for part of our banking platform; developing requirements and shipping product incrementally in collaboration with engineering
- Build strong relationships with Chime’s partners and vendors to align requirements and reduce velocity bottlenecks
- Communicate progress, value, and blockers to the wider business
- Engage with project managers to define and plan for execution on large scale strategic initiatives
- Establish metrics for measuring product velocity and success
To thrive in this role, you have
- 8+ years of technical/platform product management experience, managing multiple backend products that have many stakeholders, including researching requirements, prioritizing features, and proactively partnering with stakeholders.
- Experience developing core banking and money movement products
- Strong understanding of financial and accounting systems and concepts
- Technical skills and track record of success in building scalable, low-latency, and high-availability services
- The ability to be practical and are eager to collaborate/compromise to get to the best, most efficient outcome
- A clear focus on measurable customer outcomes
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally to align stakeholders on the goals and behaviors required for success
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.