Fund Admin Solutions Consultant
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two billion people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Carta's tender offer solutions have returned $14B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
We're looking for a talented Solutions Engineer to join our Solutions Engineering team supporting Cap Table, and our Fund Administration teams. Our customers are current Carta Customers and prospects. Carta's platform allows these clients to track and manage their portfolios while liaising with their investors. As a Solutions Engineer, you will collaborate with both New & Growth Sales AE’s in their sales process with top tier clients to our wide range of service and product solutions, and Fund Administration team.
You will partner closely with the Sales, Enablement, Strategy, and Product team to be an expert on our product and service offerings.
Solutions Engineers work closely with the Cap Table, and Fund Administration teams to understand how to best sell our product and services.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Impart confidence and gain trust and faith in the prospects in Carta’s holistic solutions. Tactically, entails joining calls with the AE’s as needed to understand in depth the customer needs and pain points, “connect the dots” to scope a solution and communicate the business impact to key decision makers
- Partner closely with all team members across CTC, Cap Table, and Equity Advisory (in particular Delivery and Product teams) to lead the technical aspects of the sales cycles and partnership conversations. ‘Technical’ refers to product and tax accounting knowledge in particular Carta (such as financial and equity technicalities including but not limited to waterfall, financial reporting, analytics, etc.).
- Interface (pre and post sales) with prospects, customers and channel partners including Carta current customers to scope requirements and build confidence in Carta’s products. Lead technical demos of Carta products. Communication fluency with executives particularly in finance and legal domain is required.
- Provide product and technical financial expertise to drive meaningful progress towards a team quarterly goal.
- Be a key contributor to the product roadmap based on holding in-depth conversations with prospects.
- Partner closely with R&D and sales leadership to achieve this. Provide technical coaching to all members of the New & Growth teams as needed
- Act as a product expert for other teams.
You have a deep understanding of the Carta platform and Carta’s fund administration services. This will likely come from 5-7 years of experience in a relevant valuation and/or fund administration role. You will have an interest in software products built to solve technical financial problems. You will be interested in talking to prospective customers and helping them to solve problems. Some experience working in a SAAS customer facing role is preferable.
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our expected cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role starts at:
- $150,000 base + variable in New York City, NY
- $150,000 base + variable in San Francisco, CA
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.